Don't be afraid...COMPLAIN about your LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a LDS owner. I will throw what I know into the mix soon. I feel I am a cut above what people expect from a LDS. I was once a customer and experienced the same horror stories I hear about all over the place. I figured I could do it with more intregrity. I will let you decide. I shall return!! Ken Elliott :D

I bought some tanks and they gave me 430 free fills of EAN32! :eyebrow:

And I still have 49 left!

minor_threat:
Many people won't name the local dive shop that they are having, or had, trouble with. Well I say NAME THEM HERE!!! Let everyone know about the crappy service you got, the extremely overpriced products they have or the poor equipment they rented you. With any luck, they'll realize they have changes to make, prices to drop. etc...

An LDS is sometimes like a monopoly for some people. People don't always have many choices in their area, so they go to the same place, time and time again. Leaving, shaking their head and wondering how they can possibly remain in business with those prices vs. internet prices...Perhaps you'd love to complain about something, but just don't want to upset anyone because you're going to need fills!

Its weird post its users 2nd post and it just does not seem right something fishy here...........

I have a friend who spent thousands at our LDS. He said "hey since I'm spending all this money here, any chance you guys can throw in a couple of stickers?" They said, "sure!" and added it to his bill.

I'm lucky enough to have found a really good LDS actually. Out of all the local shops I found, most were super small... like in a guys garage. Little mom and pop places that had good intentions but didn't do it as a living so weren't very good. I googled for a local dive shop and hit gold. Their rental gear is the same high quality gear they sell in the shop. Integrated weight systems and everything. The thinking behind this was that you rent the gear from them, get comfortable with it, like it, and will buy it from him. Instead of some crappy base model with a weight belt, you got good stuff. Same with the regs. All rental gear is replaced every year with brand new equipment and the old rental is sold as used gear. Air fills are cheap, equipment isn't cheap but average for the shops I've visited. The owner is a very down to earth guy who is more than happy to stop whatever he's doin and just BS with you. Classes are reasonably priced and well done. He has a decent amount of gear in stock and can get most everything you need. My only complaints are his hours and lack of help around the shop. He runs it with help from his son, who also works another job. So there's usually just him there. If he's doing a class he has to stop it to help customers or if he's doin checkout dives he closes the shop early. He's not open on weekends at all. And the shop is closed whenever he and his son go on a dive charter. Other than that its a great shop and I like it a lot.

mike_s:
I doubt it's Gidds. She's pretty much written scubaboard off and has no interest in every having any future dealings with it. (basically she doesn't even care enough to come back to post something like this..... she's moved on...)

We should start a Where's Gidds thread :eyebrow:

jsado:
Many people won't name the local dive shop that they are having, or had, trouble with. Well I say NAME THEM HERE!!! Let everyone know about the crappy service you got, the extremely overpriced products they have or the poor equipment they rented you. With any luck, they'll realize they have changes to make, prices to drop. etc...

Many people won't name the local dive shop that they are having, or had, good customer service with. Well I say NAME THEM HERE!!! Let everyone know about the excellent service you got, the extremely competitive products they have or the perfect condition equipment they rented you. With any luck, they'll realize they are doing the right thing, good prices to keep. etc...

jsado:
An LDS is sometimes like a monopoly for some people. People don't always have many choices in their area, so they go to the same place, time and time again. Leaving, shaking their head and wondering how they can possibly remain in business with those prices vs. internet prices...Perhaps you'd love to complain about something, but just don't want to upset anyone because you're going to need fills!

I have to agree with that part though. I have experienced this exact situation and since there is some new competition in town, the former monopole holder has improved his service greatly... which is frustrating in a way. Does that mean he would revert to his old ways if the new business would fall? I think to ask the question is to answer it.

But I doubt naming lds with which we had a bad experience on a forum would do any good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom