Don't be afraid...COMPLAIN about your LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound:
They charged me $10 for 2 o-rings :(

Which 2? I've paid more than that for 2 orings. Kinda special ones but that is too much of a blanket statement.

I second not being shy about speaking out about poor service, but can we please, please, please stop complaining about "higher LDS prices compared to the online shops"? I am not affiliated with any shop, local or online, and I have no vested interest in either one, but I think people should remain fair. Any 4th grader can figure out why online shops will always be able to beat any price compared to a brick-and-mortar LDS.

Oh, but since you already asked for it: Here is my 2 cents (or rather I should say thorn) and it goes not to a LDS, but to one of our "online-everything's-great-superstores", LeisurePro. On their website it says "No questions asked" when returning an item. When I actually did call for a return number, the rep grilled me for about 10 minutes, asking question after question and trying to talk me into keeping the item. Of course I didn't give in, but it bothered me nonetheless.

mike_s:
Have you guys noticed anything "different" about this thread now?

Originally, the post was opened by "Minor_threat".

Now, the original poster is listed as Jsado.

yep. I tought it was the rum, but now that you mention it... :D

jsado:
I have a friend who spent thousands at our LDS. He said "hey since I'm spending all this money here, any chance you guys can throw in a couple of stickers?" They said, "sure!" and added it to his bill.

I'll bet the LGS (local grocery store) threw in a couple of dozen eggs :chicken: since your "friend" has spent thousands with them. :popcorn:

WINN DIXIE has a fidelity card and gives gifts and rebates to their good customers. I have one and I dont even live in Florida so not my LGS though :wink:

wardric:
Many people won't name the local dive shop that they are having, or had, good customer service with. Well I say NAME THEM HERE!!!

Good luck with that one. Why tell about a few good experiences when you can complain about one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom