Don't fart in your drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But if you are used to consuming 6 pints of water a day your body is used to it. If you think bugger i need to hydrate i am going diving then your body will fail you.
I pee at 6.00, 10.00 13.00 18.00 and 22.00 and use the toilet at 6.00 and 22.00

Are you Sheldon? (Assuming you know what sitcom I am referring to).

Hydrating a lot is important for preventing dcs. 3-4 hours comfortably without peeing while diving often means you are slightly dehydrated. That is an important dcs risk factor.
Not according to DAN;
Dehydration gets a substantial amount of attention in the lay diving community as a risk factor for DCS, but probably more than is warranted. Sound hydration is important for good health, both for general and for diving health, but for your dive profile, thermal stress and exertion level are far more important risk factors for DCS. The undue focus on dehydration is probably a result of two issues. The first is that substantial fluid shifts can result from DCS, often creating a need for substantial fluid therapy and creating an impression that this was a cause, rather than a consequence, of the disease. The second issue is human nature — the understandable desire to assign blame for a condition that is capricious. DCS is fickle. A diver may adhere to a similar dive profile many times without incident but then develop DCS while following the very same profile. It is comforting to try and identify a single causal agent, even if this is more wishful than factual. It is important for divers to realize that a multitude of factors can subtly affect the risk on any one dive and that there is a probabilistic nature to the disease. Focusing on a range of strategies to reduce risk is more effective than trying to put all the blame on one.
State of Hydration | Decompression Sickness - DAN Health & Diving

I wake up at 5.50 every day and have breaks at 10 and 1pm i finish work at 6 and normally go to bed at 10.
After 15 years of the same schedule every day you body learns which really messes me about if i have to waek up early for something.
Also if you thought about it you prob have a daily schedule that is pretty consistant

I wake up at 5.50 every day and have breaks at 10 and 1pm i finish work at 6 and normally go to bed at 10.
After 15 years of the same schedule every day you body learns which really messes me about if i have to waek up early for something.
Also if you thought about it you prob have a daily schedule that is pretty consistant

You're not a cat person, are you? :idk:

Not according to DAN;
Dehydration gets a substantial amount of attention in the lay diving community as a risk factor for DCS, but probably more than is warranted. Sound hydration is important for good health, both for general and for diving health, but for your dive profile, thermal stress and exertion level are far more important risk factors for DCS.

Ok, maybe dehydration gets more attention than warranted, but it still is a risk factor among others. And staying hydrated is important for diver's performace too.

Seriously. Don't do it. I don't know how in 3 years of dry suit diving I haven't done it yet, but i've been having a GI bug recently and while diving the other day was farting up a storm. Apparently my "gas" decided not to vent while I ascended because when I unzipped my suit it smelled like someone took a bunch of rotten eggs and then shoved them into a ziplock bag filled with sh*t.

Interestingly, it did not effect my buoyancy during the dive :rofl3:

Let me guess, you also ate yellow snow as a kid? :dork2::dork2::dork2::rofl3:

So as I'm reading this thread I'm thinking "this guy sounds like Sheldon!". I was a little disappointed you beat me to the punch, but it's nice to know I wasn't the only one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom