Don't fart in your drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beau640

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seriously. Don't do it. I don't know how in 3 years of dry suit diving I haven't done it yet, but i've been having a GI bug recently and while diving the other day was farting up a storm. Apparently my "gas" decided not to vent while I ascended because when I unzipped my suit it smelled like someone took a bunch of rotten eggs and then shoved them into a ziplock bag filled with sh*t.

Interestingly, it did not effect my buoyancy during the dive :rofl3:

Dry suits farts are an old trick.

On the surface, after the dive, when you have your suit inflated with fart gas, call your buddy over to check your suit's dump valve. As he looks over your valve, give yourself a big squeezy hug, exhausting the gas through your valve and sharing it with your buddy.

Enjoy.

PS. I would never do this to someone. I learned this trick the hard way.

As you age and consider this....

I have had to come to terms with the fact that I will never do some of the greatest dives that I could have ever possibly made due to the fact that I refuse to wear/use a dry suit because of the bodily functions aspects of it. I just can’t bring myself to do it, my dive buddy wife feels the same way... The wrecks of the Great Lakes and northern Atlantic are some of my most wanted sites but I personally just can’t do a catheter/diaper/p-valve/similar

pic26924.jpg

A friend of mine likes to tell people a fart feels cold when diving with argon.

Similar to tech-diver's post, have your buddy unzip your drysuit, assuming it is a back zip, after you have inflated it some.

have your buddy unzip your drysuit, assuming it is a back zip, after you have inflated it some.
If your favorite pre-dive breakfast is a huge bean burrito with lots of onion and a cabbage salad on the side, make sure to get a backzip. If you're male, often needs to take a leak immediately after surfacing - or aboard the RIB - and don't enjoy gluing a condom to your junk every time you go diving, get a frontzip.

Back
Top Bottom