Dorcy 41-0467 availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachnik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was looking to buy one of these. Started to notice that lots of resellers were out of stock. Which made me wonder if Dorcy was intentionally running the stock out in preparation for replacing it with an upgrade / new model.

Called Dorcy sales. Nope. They're just all out of inventory. No design changes or anything like that.

New inventory due to arrive at Dorcy in early December.

That's it.

Check Amazon.com. They had them for $40 bucks.

Also Piranha Manufacturing. They call it the "Penetrator" but the same light.

There are two very informative threads on here and scubatoys forum. They each have discount codes to get about 20% off and free shipping from Dorcy Direct.

as for them running the stock low.... I think to make them cost effective, they got them all in "one big order". I think there is another model coming out soon. I'd have to check those other threads to be sure, but I think someone mentioned it.

It's a great light. I love mine. I need to get a few more as they wife uses mine all the time now.

see http://forum.scubatoys.com/lights/17936-new-dorcy-dive-light.html

found

I recieved this today, thought it might help someone out.

15% off Everything
Free shipping
Free LED keychain with every order($4.99 msrp)

Coupon: Fall (enter at checkout)

www.dorcydirect.com

Offer Expires: October 30th 2009.

This offer is even better

dorcydirect.com - coupon: scuba - 20% off everything / free shipping

EDIT: hmm.... looks like they are out of them at Amazon also.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...c_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the above.

You probably noticed this by now, if you search Amazon for "Penetrator 180", the results include no Penetrator, but they do include the Fenix P1D-CE for $50. This apparently uses the Q5 LED (which some say is not the best) and the CR123A (which some don't care for).

Pirana website says 'out of stock'.

I'll probably see if I can backorder it at Dorcy and still get the discount you mentioned. No telling if the $40 price will ever show up at Amazon again.

You probably noticed this by now, if you search Amazon for "Penetrator 180", the results include no Penetrator, but they do include the Fenix P1D-CE for $50. This apparently uses the Q5 LED (which some say is not the best) and the CR123A (which some don't care for).

Amazon sells it under the Dorcy name.

Piranna is the one that "rebranded it" under the Penetrator name.

Dorcy makes lights for several other companies. Including Sears, Ace Hardware, etc that put their name on Dorcy lights.

Pirana website says 'out of stock'.

darn... I thought that'd be your best option if the others were out.

Dorcy will be getting more lights in, but it's anyone's guess as to exactly when, aside from "before the holiday season", which is certain. Small comfort if you really want one NOW.

The new lights are still in testing stage, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I was looking to buy one of these. Started to notice that lots of resellers were out of stock. Which made me wonder if Dorcy was intentionally running the stock out in preparation for replacing it with an upgrade / new model.

Called Dorcy sales. Nope. They're just all out of inventory. No design changes or anything like that.

New inventory due to arrive at Dorcy in early December.

That's it.

We sold out of the dive light and we made some changes to the light. The new design changes are complete. More Lumens, better gripping and easier clip access. Expect the Dorcy Dive II in stock in January.
Mark@dorcy.com

We sold out of the dive light and we made some changes to the light. The new design changes are complete. More Lumens, better gripping and easier clip access. Expect the Dorcy Dive II in stock in January.
Mark@dorcy.com

Great news!

Although does that mean no more Dorcy I dive lights, period, so nada available until Jan?

I am quite excited for the new lights. The current model is great and I'm quite glad to hear about the improved clip, grip and new led that's even more awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom