Dork Divers Certification Classes – Suggest Course Outlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa:
Dork Diver Photographer Specialty: The Dork Diver will learn that it is not necessary to spend $20,000 to get the underwater snapshots of you and your friends having fun.

The natural evolution of this specialty would be:

DD-DCS
Dork Diver Disposable Camera Specialty.

aka DD-DUCS (Dork Diver Disposable Underwater Camera Specialty

DD learn to care for their disposable underwater cameras, including tips to get that perfect shot, tips for rinsing your disposable camera pre- and post- dive. Tips for managing multiple disposable cameras with one hand. Emphasis on having a good time despite the guy on the dock with the $20,000 camera. After all, if you're camera floods, you're only out $8. Extra credit for pictures of divers with yellow snorkels. :wink:

(We weren't going to say anything. It would be against the Dork Divers' Creed.)

trucker girl:
I need to stop now. This is starting to take over my life.

Do you ever - really stop?:D

Does your truck ever get out West and do you ever dive out here?

Dave

Can you really order those T shirts FOR REAL??? Is this dork diver thing for real??

I am tempted to buy some shirts, but just wanted to check for sure.

fisherdvm:
Can you really order those T shirts FOR REAL??? Is this dork diver thing for real??

I am tempted to buy some shirts, but just wanted to check for sure.

Yep - Its real! Have fun and wear the shirts proudly!

Dave

Teamcasa:
Do you ever - really stop?:D

Does your truck ever get out West and do you ever dive out here?

Dave

I'm actually quite stopped right now- and have been for about a week and a half. My hubby dropped me home for a break.

We DO get out west- there isn't a whole lot of truck parking "near Pasadena" so we tend to hang out in Ontario (those lovely TA truck stops!) and Irvine/Anaheim or Carson when we're out your way!

Never been diving out there. I don't carry my gear with me (though I'm going to try to sneak some of it in when hubby's not looking this trip out...) and my husband doesn't dive (he is decidedly ANTI diving due to a horrifying Discover Scuba experience). I did get to go diving a couple of years ago in Monterrey. I would LOVE to dive Catalina!

I get the feeling that the divers from Sports Chalet will laugh at me and call me a dork.

trucker girl:
I'm actually quite stopped right now- and have been for about a week and a half. My hubby dropped me home for a break.

We DO get out west- there isn't a whole lot of truck parking "near Pasadena" so we tend to hang out in Ontario (those lovely TA truck stops!) and Irvine/Anaheim or Carson when we're out your way!

Never been diving out there. I don't carry my gear with me (though I'm going to try to sneak some of it in when hubby's not looking this trip out...) and my husband doesn't dive (he is decidedly ANTI diving due to a horrifying Discover Scuba experience). I did get to go diving a couple of years ago in Monterrey. I would LOVE to dive Catalina!

I get the feeling that the divers from Sports Chalet will laugh at me and call me a dork.

We'll find you parking out here. Just to be clear though, you do want the truck back right? Cause that does narrow it down a bit.

TOS of DD prohibits me from a Sport Chalet comment. Lets just say a good laugh and "Dork" calling would be had by ALL...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom