Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by Teamcasa
Oh ya Frank - I saw your picture in your profile. Anyone who has a scuba smurf - or even knows what a smurf is, membership is a given!
03.gif

Dave

frankc420:
Oh SNAP! :D

Ok, so now you've given me an idea! I need a light blue full skin, yellow fins, yellow shorty, and pink mask. :11:

Now you are thinkin' right!:wink:

Dave

Teamcasa:
I think its safe to dive dual pony's if they are manifolded properly!
Your avitar makes you a member!

Dave

Sweet! I bypassed Dork Provisional and got a full PASS!!

Divin' Dave:
DDD (Daddy Dork Dave),
You deserve a 'Wedgie Award' for all your work and all the chuckles.
Thanks!

Thanks Dave! Twernt nothin:D

Dave

I'm conflicted:

------------
I have a HydroOptix, and keep my snorkel but it's not a flapper.

I wear a Mares jacket BCD with integrated weight, and the all-important Air Trim newfangled thingamabobby, but have spring straps on non-split fins.

My thickest wetsuit is all black. So are my booties and gloves. But my thinnest one makes me look like Batman (Bare "Plazma" shorty). Well, Batman without a cape. Well, Batman without a cape in shorts. Well, a soggy dead bat I saw in the river in Austin once....

I think integrated alternate air/ power inflators are a bad idea, but I use a slimline '180-swiv' octo and a plain jane plastic sport-grade primary regulator (Oceanic Alpha-8). The primary is blue at least....

I think environmental sealing is the black goo my dad used to put on our driveway every other year in Ohio. But I do get my regs serviced every year.

I took PADI Rescue, but waited until after having > 40 dives to do it, and have no serious intent at going DM, Instructor, or Tech. I do however want to learn to officially work on my own regs (true maintenance tech certification, if possible).

I hate Jimmy Buffet...courtesy of a week-long sailing cruise in college with a bunch of guys who only had one cassette tape. But I burst into uncontrollable laughter at the sound of the words "I need more cowbell!"

The only musical instrument I ever played involved bubbles and bathwater, and couldn't hold a tune for long....I guess you'd call it a 'wind' instrument, though...(?) :huh:

------------

Is there still hope for me???? I think my spring straps are trying to bite my ankles thru their (black!) rubber covers....

RTRski:
I'm conflicted:

------------
I have a HydroOptix, and keep my snorkel but it's not a flapper.

I wear a Mares jacket BCD with integrated weight, and the all-important Air Trim newfangled thingamabobby, but have spring straps on non-split fins.

My thickest wetsuit is all black. So are my booties and gloves. But my thinnest one makes me look like Batman (Bare "Plazma" shorty). Well, Batman without a cape. Well, Batman without a cape in shorts. Well, a soggy dead bat I saw in the river in Austin once....

I think integrated alternate air/ power inflators are a bad idea, but I use a slimline '180-swiv' octo and a plain jane plastic sport-grade primary regulator (Oceanic Alpha-8). The primary is blue at least....

I think environmental sealing is the black goo my dad used to put on our driveway every other year in Ohio. But I do get my regs serviced every year.

I took PADI Rescue, but waited until after having > 40 dives to do it, and have no serious intent at going DM, Instructor, or Tech. I do however want to learn to officially work on my own regs (true maintenance tech certification, if possible).

I hate Jimmy Buffet...courtesy of a week-long sailing cruise in college with a bunch of guys who only had one cassette tape. But I burst into uncontrollable laughter at the sound of the words "I need more cowbell!"

The only musical instrument I ever played involved bubbles and bathwater, and couldn't hold a tune for long....I guess you'd call it a 'wind' instrument, though...(?) :huh:

------------

Is there still hope for me???? I think my spring straps are trying to bite my ankles thru their (black!) rubber covers....

You have to ask yourself one, very important question before membership can be granted.

Do you have fun diving?

If so, :D welcome to the club!

If not, I hear the Rasberry koolaid is terrific!:crafty:

Dave

Teamcasa:
If not, I hear the Rasberry koolaid is terrific!:crafty:

Dave

Why did Prince pop into my head when I saw that?

She wore a rasberry BC.
The kind you find in a second hand store.
Rasberry BC.
And if it was warm she wouldn't much more.

Dork Divers website has been updated again with pictures!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom