Double hose thread - split from Hey SCUBA gear heads - best regulator for under $1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was flipping through the channels last night and came upon an underwater scene from "Thunderball" (which I saw when it was first released in 1965). Yup, double hose regulators DO look cool. And you gotta love the white twinsets on the good guys and black twinsets on the bad guys, just like hats in the old Westerns.

Agreed - different strokes for different folks. While I don't see any benefit for me, I suppose double hose might offer some slight advantages for photographers who don't want to go all the way to best solution for not spooking wildlife - a expensive rebreather.
But you're on this thread giving opinions with 2 years diving experience and generally not a clue what you're talking about with regard to the subject matter - no empirical evidence to back up your opinions.

But you're on this thread giving opinions with 2 years diving experience and generally not a clue what you're talking about with regard to the subject matter - no empirical evidence to back up your opinions.

I don't see anything unreasonable about @Joneill's comments. This thread wouldn't exist at all if empirical evidence was required to post.

I have been watching the Jonathan Bird videos on YouTube. It is the best underwater footage I have seen in a while. In some episodes he dives a double hose. First, it was a Pram and then a Krakken.

Here is one of my favorite videos he's done.

Ah... once again, one of the scuba "gods" blasting the new guy for having an opinion on a topic. Please do enlighten me with your wisdom as to what was wrong with my comments... of course, with your attitude, I really don't give a...
ZWx7k_f-maxage-0.gif

I don't see anything unreasonable about @Joneill's comments. This thread wouldn't exist at all if empirical evidence was required to post.

Well, then by your reasoning when I started road racing motorcycles or building sprint cars, I could have just hung out in garages running my mouth about how much I deserved to have my opinion given value?

What's the difference?

What is the purpose of this attack? Is there an opinion that has been expressed which you feel is incorrect? What exactly is it that you disagree with? This is a friendly game. Please play the ball and not the man.

Well, then by your reasoning when I started road racing motorcycles or building sprint cars, I could have just hung out in garages running my mouth about how much I deserved to have my opinion given value?

What's the difference?

Simple, this is Scubaboard and the terms of service begins with (red emphasis is mine):
Terms of Service (ToS)
ScubaBoard is a friendly forum (interactive computer service) based on mutual respect....​

Another reason is it is up to the individual reader to assess the value of the content. The way I read @Joneill's comment, he was just acknowledging that he gained some insight from this thread. I try to ask myself "why am I posting"? Two main reasons come to mind: 1) I want to learn something and 2) I would like to return the favor to others when I think I can. I try to delete my draft replies when the answer is "To enrich my ego and impress others" before I hit the Post Reply button.

Simple, this is Scubaboard and the terms of service begins with (red emphasis is mine):
Terms of Service (ToS)
ScubaBoard is a friendly forum (interactive computer service) based on mutual respect....​

Another reason is it is up to the individual reader to assess the value of the content. The way I read @Joneill's comment, he was just acknowledging that he gained some insight from this thread. I try to ask myself "why am I posting"? Two main reasons come to mind: 1) I want to learn something and 2) I would like to return the favor to others when I think I can. I try to delete my draft replies when the answer is "To enrich my ego and impress others" before I hit the Post Reply button.

I attempt the same, with varying levels of success. I've decided against a few posts after re reading my draft and deciding it could be taken badly by someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom