Double tanks to fill station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to sincerely thank every one who has replied to my original question. It has given me a lot of insight into how to handle my situation. I like diving doubles but don't want to get a spine injury out of the water. Please keep the comments/pics coming.:):):):):):):):):)

Maybe not the best picture.. But I can close my truck bed cover and stand my doubles up, leaning against it. That give me a perfect platform to get into the harness when I am ready to walk down to the water. It also makes it easy to secure my truck because it takes minimal effort to lock/unlock while I am all geared up.

BAA8238F-0AC2-427E-A1F7-78FEF77A6352_zps5vxjy8ba.jpg

Two sets of double 104s, and I would watch!

Here's what fills looked like for last weekend.. :)

View attachment 417798

Must have just missed you as we were all over that place last weekend. Buddy was getting his Cavern/Intro done. But while he was doing that another buddy and I hit Little River, Jughole, Ginnie, Manatee, OG and Peacock 1. Was a great weekend.

I was at Orange Grove on Sunday.. I must just blend into the crowd of dark blue pickup trucks.. :)

You musta been there earlier in the day as there were a jillion people at OG in the AM so we went to Peacock and did a run up the Peanut Line. Then in the afternoon OG was cleared out like it was a ghost town and we did a dive there. I will keep an eye out for a truck with "Navy Mom" sticker on the bumper.

Guys carry a twinset by grasping the bridge with one hand and can carry them a fair distance that way. I think most of us women find it much easier to move a twinset by wearing it.

For moving a single tank, those handles that screw into the DIN opening are really nice.

Last edited:
So timely!!! Taking my 104s to the shop tomorrow for a fill. They have convinced me to exercise more :) Any suggestions as to a really well built collapsible handcart? Thanks.

So timely!!! Taking my 104s to the shop tomorrow for a fill. They have convinced me to exercise more :) Any suggestions as to a really well built collapsible handcart? Thanks.

I think @The Chairman has a really nice one he built, may have copied it from Michael Angelo Gagliardi, he has a super nice one too, but I have yet to see one commercially available

this is what he built for his dpv. I couldn't find the thread for the one he uses on his tanks though which is similar except on that one the wheels come off individually instead of the whole bottom end
Dolly I built for my UV-26

Well I have seen the following:
1. Harbor Freight
2. Amazon
3. Home Depot
4. Lowes has the same as #3

So far it seems, most donot carry the doubles by hand. They either use a hand dolly or carry in store behind their back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom