doubles wing selection question - OMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so the one on the left is the same design they've had for umpteen years. I have one in 45lb and it's fine. I don't use it, but it's fine. The one on the right is basically a stolen Halcyon Evolve design. OF those two, and being the same price, I'd get the one on the right

The choice for OMS is very simple.

Don't. Their customer service and warranty service are non-existent. Don't make this mistake.

Last edited:
I'm going to double what Doc Harry says.

and for anyone who doesn't know, given Kathy's background in the dive industry, that should be enough to heed her advice.... She has some serious insight into the current iteration of OMS and that's enough for me to recommend passing on what is apparently a deal too good to be true

doubles wings are generally cheaper to pick up used too. you may want to consider that route. you can get a lightly used oxycheq/halcyon wing for 100 to 120 if you don't mind horseshoes.

The choice for OMS is very simple.

Don't. Their customer service and warranty service are non-existent. Don't make this mistake.
@Doc Harry
@KathyIGH
@tbone1004
Oh!
Thanks for the warning.
Now I am wondering about un-pulling the already pulled trigger....
What goes wrong with wings that requires customer service beyond buying parts - or is buying parts an issue as well?

doubles wings are generally cheaper to pick up used too. you may want to consider that route. you can get a lightly used oxycheq/halcyon wing for 100 to 120 if you don't mind horseshoes.
I don't disagree, but finding a used wing close by to look at is not that easy... bought my singles wing used...

@Doc Harry
@KathyIGH
@tbone1004
Oh!
Thanks for the warning.
Now I am wondering about un-pulling the already pulled trigger....
What goes wrong with wings that requires customer service beyond buying parts - or is buying parts an issue as well?

Ask DGX the seller. Or DUI, the owner/manufacturer.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom