DPV research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Battery level monitoring.
Digital compass that's accurate
Cheap good batteries that are easy replaceable...

Attachments

• 20220319_194947.jpg
    20220319_194947.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 78
I’ll take a shot at it.

User replaceable batteries
Ability to accept smaller housing/batteries or larger based on desired run time.
As few hull penetrations as possible.
Battery meter
Integrated compass
Inertial nav ?
Speedometer
Can fly on an airplane
Ambidextrous controls
Kill switch
Thru hull charging
Integrated mounts for accessories

Thanks for the replies

Attachment points? Do you guys think something as simple as Multiple integrated D rings works or something fancier?

When you are using DPVs. Do you think two points of contact is important, are you guys using them one handed the majority of time?

In regards on speed settings. Ive seen some manufactures go as high as 10 and all the way down to 2. Is there a middle ground to this or do you think having that many is beneficial? Im not a cave diver but ive heard cave diving DPVs are designed for multiple settings for silting concerns.

Rol diy whose the manufacture of your attached picture?

You clip them off like a stage when not in use.

Need to be neutral or very slightly buoyant. Must be adjustable weight. Must allow for a quick change in weight between fresh and salt water.

Two handed is for pool toys. Need the other hand to adjust buoyancy, rebreather, hold torch, whatever.

There's a lot more to DPVs than there looks.

Attachment points? Do you guys think something as simple as Multiple integrated D rings works or something fancier?

I vote for mounting points that are more rigid. The old Farallon DPV handles were pretty convenient and doubled as places you could bolt on custom brackets for instruments or lanyards.

1654877207710.png

1654877386627.png

You asked for “what” we wanted.

If you want the “how” they call that design / engineering and that costs money 😁.

Joking aside, would love to see pics of what you are actually trying to do or pics of what you have done already.

Lol I really dont want to share a pic till I have a better looking mock up. Thank you for the interest though. But the design that I made originally, the one im sticking with, has the properly in the front with a inner and outer tube. Im hoping in the next few months to create a better prototype that I can share with you guys and see the reaction.

Lol I really dont want to share a pic till I have a better looking mock up. Thank you for the interest though. But the design that I made originally, the one im sticking with, has the properly in the front with a inner and outer tube. Im hoping in the next few months to create a better prototype that I can share with you guys and see the reaction.

How about a couple of teaser screen shots of your CAD with proprietary features suppressed?

Rol diy whose the manufacture of your attached picture?
Heavily modified mark1 farallon,

Originally design for 2 hands.
I use to use a normal tow strap.... then got thinking a single tow strap would be nicer... right off the center of the prop.... but how to build a bearing for that...
Because the prop diameter is small, (not a great design)
I pull single line from the bottom... my arm is the top.... actually work really well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom