DPV Storage/Carrying Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverRich

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've scoured the interwebs and have found next to nothing on cases for storage and carrying of DPV's. Occasionally I've come across some branded carrying bags but not much else. For those that have DPV's how are you carrying/transporting/storing your DPV? Do you know of an cases commercially available? Or, perhaps, cases that are easily modified to use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I should add that I have the Sea-Doo RS1

Last edited:
what kind of transport are you trying to do with it?

most of the modern DPV's don't have any shipping concerns since they can't fly with lithium batteries. Most of us will either build or purchase a cradle to hold them when we're moving them around or storing them but most don't use any sort of case.

If you need a case for it, just find an appropriately sized pelican case and put some foam in there for it, but since the RS1 can't fly, you are probably best off building a rack out of 2x4's and calling it a day.

Those of us with round hull scooters make one like that pictured below. Super simple. I've never seen an RS1 since they aren't used in cave diving, so I'm not sure what one would look like for that but it shouldn't be that far off

attachment.php?attachmentid=11150&d=1406840229.jpg

I just put mine on top of my gear when transporting or on top of the pile of tanks. They're stored standing up on the prop shroud.

For a Sea-Doo I'd just use something like a milk crate. :)

Damn, I never thought of a milk crate. That's a pretty good idea. I'm mostly just going to be hauling them around in my custom dive trailer.
Milk crates were somewhat common holders for the Dive Xtras Sierra. If you search you'll find a few pics. :)

I keep telling myself I'm going to wrap my P1 up, put it in a cardboard box, and fill it with that expanding spray insulation foam and cut it to make a clamshell that I can then put in a military flight kit bag. Haven't gotten there yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom