Drager Dolphin spare part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kf6cxf

Contributor
Reaction score
hi all,
i'm planning to modify my drager dolphin to a manual ccr (kiss type). can any one point me where to get most of the parts i'll be needing.
good and bad advice are welcome :eyebrow:

Finding it is half the fun-- I wouldnt rob you of that.

you could do a few searches along the lines of kiss but i think people will be a little worried that if your going to modify you should be able to track the parts down ..if you know the type of part you need there are a few supplyers......if you get stuck try mr gordan smith he's always a good help!!!!
finding the bit is'nt the problem it's making shoure there the right bits so they all fit!
best regards and good luck john

i think i've seen most of the rebreather modification pages online, bookmarked every dealers selling the parts i need. just doing alot of research now before i start building one.

mainly i think that unless you can do your own machining it's to expensive to make one or two and if you make a mistake you wasted even more money and time,but i prefer to make a lot of my own stuff but some times it just not worth it if some one is already mass producing it! i can be cheaper
best regards john

I only can wish I could afford just a few pieces of the equipment necessary to machine the stuff I want.... but when I can...... I will spend it on dive equipment instead.
Sam

kf6cxf:
so far Ron Micjan's link is the most informative kiss ccr for dolphin i've seen: http://www.tmishop.com/ .
Ron Micjan's page is excellent, so is Kim Meinecke's (sp?). Kim placed the O2 addition before the scrubber to aid mixing the breathing gas, which I like better, even though it means introducing a dry and cold gas into the scrubber. It's the little details that make it hard to build a good rig. Also, there are several people who converted other SCRs (Ray, Azi, EDO-04) and O2 rigs (Dave Sutton comes to mind, do NOT miss his page - any of it), all of whom had slighty different ideas. Most of them can be found on JW Bech's Rbreather Site.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you think it through. Then debate it with someone else to catch what you didn't think of. You should know how each and every modification to your rig will influence it and how it dives.

The how it dives part is important, too. Plenty of diffrences between a cmfSCR and a KISS valved CCR. Seriously consider instruction on a KISS CCR to learn all there is about the valve and how to dive it.

caveseeker7:
Ron Micjan's page is excellent, so is Kim Meinecke's (sp?). Kim placed the O2 addition before the scrubber to aid mixing the breathing gas, which I like better, even though it means introducing a dry and cold gas into the scrubber. It's the little details that make it hard to build a good rig. Also, there are several people who converted other SCRs (Ray, Azi, EDO-04) and O2 rigs (Dave Sutton comes to mind, do NOT miss his page - any of it), all of whom had slighty different ideas. Most of them can be found on JW Bech's Rbreather Site.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you think it through. Then debate it with someone else to catch what you didn't think of. You should know how each and every modification to your rig will influence it and how it dives.

The how it dives part is important, too. Plenty of diffrences between a cmfSCR and a KISS valved CCR. Seriously consider instruction on a KISS CCR to learn all there is about the valve and how to dive it.

those are the two diagrams i've looked at before, i'm just going for how much it will cost me to modify my dolphin. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom