Dragging a flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think there is a perfect solution for the specific problem of shooting macro with a big camera rig and towing a flag. Clipping the flag is unsafe, holding it is going to mess with your shot, and letting it go while you concentrate on the shot is probably not going to end well.

I think the answer is to realize the limitations if you can't find someone else to handle the flag and settle for wide angle for that dive or even... leave the camera behind?

No I didn't say that, must have been that guy over there. :)
When you are diving with a flag in current, like we have in SE FL, things are actually a bit easier. The flag can be hooked off on the reef to allow you to swim around, take some photos, or hunt.

that is not a breakaway, that is a swivel for fishing. not appropriate for this application
On this occasion you were unable to provide a solution other than to debunk the swivel without positively being certain it won't break under duress, which is the reason fisherman use them.

Hey, in addition to posting making random posts, he posts random pictures.
And you like being the center of attention but cannot provide a solution.
While I have been indoctrinated with the: Solution Is Simple Safe Effective. SISSE.
Much more precise than this malarkey:

On this occasion you were unable to provide a solution other than to debunk the swivel without positively being certain it won't break under duress, which is the reason fisherman use them.

Unfortunately fisherman don't want the swivel to break... that is the point.
The fishing line is saposse to be rated at a certain breaking strength.....
Can you please send a link of where to buy it with a breakaway spec?

Maybe you should post a picture of a spool of fishing line, an let us assume how it should be used in this application...

And you like being the center of attention but cannot provide a solution.
While I have been indoctrinated with the: Solution Is Simple Safe Effective. SISSE.
Much more precise than this malarkey:

You chose what people use to hook fishes and make sure they catch the fishes for an application where not breaking means death, it’s surely simple and effective to not fulfil the intended purpose 😂

You chose what people use to hook fishes and make sure they catch the fishes for an application where not breaking means death, it’s surely simple and effective to not fulfil the intended purpose 😂
As you pointed out it has a rating to when the safety snap breaks. The OP was concerned a propeller would drag them up. So my solution is the safety snap. They are using the float for safety. You probably dive once a year.

Back
Top Bottom