DRAK Interface??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN Traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently bought a Nemo Wide and I am trying to get the DRAK Interface for it - but cannot locate one.

Has it been released yet - and if so, where can I purchase one.

PS - the computer looks impressive - especially for those of us with "older eyes" :)

We are releasing the Drak usb interface 4th week of April. Glad you like those big numbers. :)

I agree is nice and impressive but with Drak USB is coming the problem. I use MacBook Pro and Drak dosn't work on Mac so do you have idea if they will make upgrade. Really don't see wath is the problem.

At this juncture, we are not prepared to write a Mac integration. Perhaps in the future, but as of now Windows is the only interface available.

Thanks for asking,

I use my Mares Puck with my Macbook Pro using Macdive and the DRAK interface. Works fine and very glad it does. Well worth the 25$!

Georgippetrov,

I also have the Mares Nemo Wide (2 in fact - used for tech diving) and use Macdive (v2, recently released) as the software. It does handle the Nemo Wide with the Drak interface.

Not trying to take anything away from Mares or Zak but having used an older version of the Mares software on a laptop PC, the Macdive program is much more capable and allows the diver to record more variables than the older Mares software.

I'd recommend you invest in Macdive. I have no doubt you will be pleased.

For Zac - You may wish to investigate Macdive and suggest it as an alternative for those of us who dive Mares computers and use a Mac computer. I think it even interfaces with the Icon HD now.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Yes I spoke with the guys at Mac dive. They do have a current solution for Mac. It appears as if it is their own dive log manager software. Note: they currently do not support the Icon HD.

TX. I lode Mac dive but think i need some driver for my usb port because drak not coming at all in the program so i need again some help. TX

There is indeed a USB driver that is needed to make the Drak interface work. It is a free driver that is listed on the Macdive website (link to driver). All you need to do is click the link and install it on your Mac. Let me know if you cannot find it and I can provide the link.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I try on Silicon Labs but i can't see where from to load this driver. I hope to don't bother you so much but can i have some link witch will help me to load and find more fast what i need. Big Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom