Dressel or Dive Palancar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was bit skeptical as they only accept cash. I like the small boats and 8am dock pick-up though.

Nothing to be skeptical about. Many ops either require cash or offer a cash discount. DWM is as solid as any operator (more so than many) on the island and I believe is one of the longest operating ventures on the island. Not only do the offer free rental of basic equipment, small boats, and excellent DM's, but they are a favorite op of several scuba shops in my area. We dove with them on our first trip to Coz several years ago and would not hesitate to dive with them again. We dive with someone else now mainly for bigger tanks and more convenient tomwhere we stay, but DWM is a great operation. They would not have been around as long as they have if they weren't.

Safe travels and please drink a Bohemia Obscura for me.

Merry Christmas,
Jay

Awesome, I'm looking forward to diving with them & more importantly trying one of those drinks you speak of.

Last edited:
Aweome, I'm looking forward to diving with them & more importantly trying one of those drinks you speak of.
Bohemia Obscura is a beer only available (to me) in Mexico. It's darker than an amber, but not a dark beer. Call it an Amber +. Best beer I've ever had. For drinks, there is the obligatory frozen Margarita or Daiquiri at The Thirsty Cougar. They are big enough for 2 or 3. Christian, Carlos, and Abraham make a great Mojito too.

Jay

I stay at the Iberostar a few times a year. I see boats picking up people all the time. Both coming right up to the dock and close with the patrons wading out to them. I think that dock fee is either not enforced or in pesos.

Last month I took a day off with dressel to dive with DWM. There was no fee and I enjoyed their services.

Going back to pier between all dives is great. People can do single tank dives and get sodas between dives.

I've stayed during the Christmas season as well. Never had a problem with getting on Dressel's boat. Pay for your dives and get the 20% discount up front. Just be careful to not overbuy unless you plan to return as any unused dives are given back as a voucher. I always buy at the max discount which works out to be about $30 per dive including nitrox.

I like the cattle boats. :) I enjoy the social side of it all and meeting new people. They are pretty good about keeping groups together for the trip so if you find peeps you like they will rearrange groups to accommodate.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback, I will most likely check out Dressel for the afternoons dives/night and social aspect. I'm hoping to get some quality photos on the morning dives so I don't have to bring my rig in the afternoon.

What are the daily marine park fees?
Do you get a different wristband everyday?

I stay at the Iberostar a few times a year. I see boats picking up people all the time. Both coming right up to the dock and close with the patrons wading out to them. I think that dock fee is either not enforced or in pesos.

Last month I took a day off with dressel to dive with DWM. There was no fee and I enjoyed their services.

Going back to pier between all dives is great. People can do single tank dives and get sodas between dives.

I've stayed during the Christmas season as well. Never had a problem with getting on Dressel's boat. Pay for your dives and get the 20% discount up front. Just be careful to not overbuy unless you plan to return as any unused dives are given back as a voucher. I always buy at the max discount which works out to be about $30 per dive including nitrox.

I like the cattle boats. :) I enjoy the social side of it all and meeting new people. They are pretty good about keeping groups together for the trip so if you find peeps you like they will rearrange groups to accommodate.

Good luck!

The fee is definitely enforced - the few operators who pick up there have to pay it monthly to the hotel - so it's not something you the customer sees.

Right, I know that. How much is the daily marine park fee?

DWM is charging me 3$/day on top of the diving total.

Right, I know that. How much is the daily marine park fee?

I was responding to Jackie - hence the quoting of her post :)

Marine park fee is $2.50 - $3.00 per diver/day and yes, you should get a new wristband everyday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom