Dressel or Dive Palancar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh okay thanks, i was just wondering. strange that it varies between $2.50-$3/day.

Depends on exchange rates - and yes they have to be charged separately because it's a completely separate federal tax that we pay whether the DM physically remembers to give you the bracelet or not - we are still accountable for paying that fee for every diver we have. I include it on my divers invoices at $2.50/day

so why not just pay $21 for a weekly bracelet. I have to worry about getting a new one everyday? I'm just curious b/c I will probably do some afternoon/night dives with a different op.

I dove with Dressel earlier this year. We had a good time. YMMV

It might have helped that we had the entire boat and we were all diving professionals.

so why not just pay $21 for a weekly bracelet. I have to worry about getting a new one everyday? I'm just curious b/c I will probably do some afternoon/night dives with a different op.

Because they don't sell them that way -it's not an option Keep your bracelet from the morning on and the dive op in the afternoon or evening should not charge you for it again

Because they don't sell them that way -it's not an option Keep your bracelet from the morning on and the dive op in the afternoon or evening should not charge you for it again
Christi do you know anything about a yearly pass? I saw this last year but I do not know the cost or if it is even available to those without semi or permanent residency.
Cozumel Marine Park Passport - Cozumel 4 You

I just called Dressel and they charge 2$ usd/day/person for the marine park fee. So I guess it makes more sense to just buy the bracelets at the hotel. Not sure why all the dive ops aren't on the same page about this mysterious park fee.

I just called Dressel and they charge 2$ usd/day/person for the marine park fee. So I guess it makes more sense to just buy the bracelets at the hotel. Not sure why all the dive ops aren't on the same page about this mysterious park fee.

Not sure what that means - but we are on the same page. This is nothing new and the bracelets aren't available for purchase randomly - whoever you are diving with must provide them - and you pay them for it - simple. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Christi do you know anything about a yearly pass? I saw this last year but I do not know the cost or if it is even available to those without semi or permanent residency.
Cozumel Marine Park Passport - Cozumel 4 You

That never materialized - MP not promoting or making it available. Residents with proof of legal residency (not people on tourist VISA's that are here for extended stay) can get a special permit/pass but otherwise, the bracelet system works just fine.

For those unhappy about the $2-$3 a day MP fee, better not go to Cocos Island where they charge you $35usd a day and take your passport hostage until the end of the trip!

The hotel isn't going to sell you a bracelet and does a fluctuation in price of less than a dollar a day really have an impact on your finances? If so, diving might be the wrong hobby. The mystery here is you.

They aren't allowed for purchase? The shop just confirmed I can. Where do I find official Mexico information on the Marine Park? I can't find it anywhere and I'm getting conflicting information on facts and fees from every shop I called.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom