drink after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowF4:
No, no, no, you guys got it all wrong.....

You have to get the handcuffs off first, then you shamefully take one long silent look at the hippo you thought was a super model the night before in the bar (you remember now, the one that you told all your friends you were gonna get come hell or high water?), then around the hotel room you destroyed with her fat butt so you understand why your card has been charged $18,000, get to the boat and sleep until the boats drops anchor. Should be good to go by then! Right officer? :rofl3:

Never mind how I know this.....that way noone gets killed.

Jp

JP you and your handcuffs....awful!! Did kinky kelly do this?

Beach_Bunny:
JP you and your handcuffs....awful!! Did kinky kelly do this?

I'll only tell if you can answer this question:

A midget running down a grassy knoll wearing only a ________?

:D

I drink "Virgin Islands" rum. Most people don't like it since it's one step above ABC cheap rum and I don't have to worry about other people drinking my rum. I'm selfish with my stash. I'm very regular with my drinking....never touch a drop till 4:48pm...Daylight Savings Time screws up my schedule

Joe

Aw yes, Cruzan Rum. My favorite. Much better though if you get it from the islands directly instead of from the stores over here.

Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw:

I DRINK IN MODERATION
(Moderation is an imaginary place that exists wherever I am)

:rofl3:

Beach_Bunny:
hmmm the answer would be diaper!

well, now there is more to the outfit, but...very well.....No, wasn't KK, was a stroy I heard on a dive boat...yea, that's it....

Gotta go to Girl Scouts now.....:D

95yj:
The main thing here is about how alcohol affects you before, during and after a dive. Alcohol dehydrates you. One of the most widely accepted reasons for taking a DCI hit when you've stayed well within all the table limits, etc. is dehydration. So drinking before diving is not a good thing. Drinking after diving not only dehydrates you, but it also thins your blood making any disolved N2 more likely to come out of suspension and cause you to take a hit.

That said and reading all the books about diving and drinking and smoking, etc., take a look at the bar on the pier at the end of the day and see how many of the people from the dive shop are there. Personally, I wait at least a couple hours after my last dive and then I take it easy on the drinks for a good amount of time. (Smoking sux by the way.)

On drinking before diving, you're right, it is a dehydration risk (not to mention imparing you mentally and physically.

On after-dive drinking, sorry, you're wrong. There are two refereed academic papers on this. One found no impact on DCS from drinking after diving, the other found a slight reduction. How they measured it, I can't remember, possibly doppler study of bubbles in circulation.

Ice9:
Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw:

I DRINK IN MODERATION
(Moderation is an imaginary place that exists wherever I am)

:rofl3:

I will always trust someone who has a Hunter S. Thompson quote in their signature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom