Drumroll, Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian once bubbled...
I'd have to say that the odds are against you.... (and you too, O-ring). You both cause entirely too much trouble, unlike myself.

Actually Ken, all you say is true. The only blackie against you is that people know you're friends with us!

Tom

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
Ok so based on the criterion that one must bite one's tongue quite a few have disqualified themselves - correct? And trolls and flames are negative brownie points too - correct?

By this objective many members, who's names I'll withhold (but not because they're innocent) have pretty much removed themselves from the running.

The one question still unanswered ... is there a number of posts, a magic total before one is considered? From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any logic to this.

Now you must understand I'm not one of the owners, and it is they (LadyDiver and King Neptune) that make the decisions about mods here. Here's my take:

Number of posts IS NOT a criteria. The value of the posts is. A member can have thousands of posts that amount to ****. This is a SCUBA board - so can you add value to the sport? Or are you just jiving us?

Like any job, can you handle stress? This is an international, very public forum. You can get flamed in public (and private through PMs), how you handle yourself, speaks loudly of your character.

One thing thatI think is considered is, if a member sees something controversial how do they react? Shoot at the hip or take the time to investigate, gather proof of validity?

The number of mods is being kept a a minimum (IMHO great!) this is a free (in more ways than one) forum where ideas, comments are encouraged.

That's just a short list of what I think goes into being considered for "mod" status. Getting off the soap box......

Several of these obviously leave me forever out of the running
We may as well take Rax and go to medical school...we would make regulator faster that way...

Number of posts IS NOT a criteria. The value of the posts is.
I'm out...

O-ring once bubbled...

We may as well take Rax and go to medical school...we would make regulator faster that way...

Yea, we're not gonna make the cut bro <sniff>

Number of posts IS NOT a criteria..
The board would save a lot of server space if you would let the people that greet EVERYONE that joins the board in on this little tidbit..

:wink:

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Yea, we're not gonna make the cut bro <sniff>
I am working some angles right now...I got some dirt on some of the mods and I plan to leverage that to my advantage....yeah you know who I am talking to...I better get my Regulator status for Christmas or I go public!

O-ring once bubbled...

The board would save a lot of server space if you would let the people that greet EVERYONE that joins the board in on this little tidbit..

:wink:

telling something.... Like the change in a member's satus (based on the number of posts) really means something! I've seen some post a whole bunch of spam type messages just to achieve the next "level" of membership.

geesh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom