Drumroll, Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress once bubbled...
Nooooo, Diverboy, nooo. Someone is funnin' you.
All due respct to the regalators and they're job, correcting spelling errrs is a loooow priority. As a glance at most threds will show. (Example: See above.)
Judy

I'm all over it.

It is my persinel mision to katch evry spelin an gramer eror an correckt it. DiverBuoy on dudie an at yer cervis.

On a real note, if anyone ever has something that they want corrected in one of their own posts - (which isn't morally wrong or that would change the context of the post) don't hesistate to PM me, or any regulator. The benefit to you is there is no annoying little time stamp at the bottom "edited by...". I think this stamp has a strange connotation. It's like it indicates that you changed your viewpoint to avoid embarrassment. As long as your request is for spelin or gramer ... anytime.

Oh one other thing ... it's DiverBuoy not Diverboy (some other guy).

Divemistress
Or should that read Divemaster?

It's good that you have added a picture to your profile; that has not always been the case. Even then, there is NO guarantee that the picture is you. I know of many on the board who can vouch that my picture is me... but then, who would ever post a picture of a fat aging man with a flamingo on their head, unless it was actually them- right? Not that you have anything to prove to me, as I am fairly inconsequential in the arena of life.

Gloves don't come off, unless you are wearing them. -I- never wear gloves. However, barriers do come down in the privacy of the moderator's forum, as we try to divine what motivates people to act as they sometimes do. That is only right. Some give contradictory signals, and some people even try to actively deceive, and so we try to figure them out before they disrupt the board. Many postulates are aired in the moderator's forum as to what & why, and I apologize for none of them. We will never ever fully know someone's motives to do what they do, so moderators will bounce different ideas off of each other to try and determine them. That being said, while I don't know your motives, I do know how many of you act, and that you do not act in a manner consistent with your profiles. Are you one of these? You be the judge... I am content with just inspecting fruit.

And please... feel free to tell me how I fall short of those twelve Scout Laws. I always need to do better in them and would welcome anyone's input. There is no one on this board that is less perfect than myself and I am OK with that... and so I will continue to try and change me first in my own little way. But hey, help is always appreciated, so please be specific!!!

Iguana Don once bubbled...
You haven't been aware of your surroundings.

I haven't been a reg for almost a month now.

Gave it up for Lent.

Now I am focusing on trying to get my neutering to "grow back"!

Now Now all the good Catholics know that lent is not a this time of the year:D give us the fat and the skinny of it. What did you do to get tossed out of the cop shop??

he was not asked to resign, he just did it. Not all of us agree with his actions, but that's life. I do sorta understand why he did it, but that's for him to tell.

NetDoc once bubbled...

I know of many on the board who can vouch that my picture is me... but then, who would ever post a picture of a fat aging man with a flamingo on their head, unless it was actually them- right?

In the interest of the scouting movement get that flamingo off your head! No wonder the registration fees are so high now. Your chasing the kids away. LOL

Walter once bubbled...
I rarely correct grammar or spelling.
Please feel free to correct my grammar and spelling anywhere and any time.
My only pride of authorship is in the ideas; errors in spelling and grammar detract from that.
Thankyew, thankyewverymuch
E. itajara

"My only pride of authorship is in the ideas; errors in spelling and grammar detract from that."

That's one reason I rarely correct it and one reason I often use spell check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom