Dry glove system for Santi smart seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Santo smart glove system and use Showa (lined) gloves. The trick to making it water-tight is to turn the glove IN on itself so that no liner is exposed to the water. The o-ring goes inside the glove and the material folds inside this then is placed around the ring. The video I’ve linked to shows the process (but using a 3D printed removable ring to help). It’s possible to do it without this ring (just a bit more faffy).

next time I need to swap my dry gloves I’ll make a video of it.
Is there a reason you don't fold the glove inside, then slide the folded bit over the ring, then put the o-ring over both layers of the glove?

Has anyone else installed the Kubi glove system on the smart seals and can provide instructions on how to do this? Are there any long-term experiences?​

I have the Santo smart glove system and use Showa (lined) gloves. The trick to making it water-tight is to turn the glove IN on itself so that no liner is exposed to the water. The o-ring goes inside the glove and the material folds inside this then is placed around the ring. The video I’ve linked to shows the process (but using a 3D printed removable ring to help). It’s possible to do it without this ring (just a bit more faffy).

next time I need to swap my dry gloves I’ll make a video of it.
I 3D printed that ring but it broke on the first use.

What kind of material does one use for this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom