Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you ever wear your DC gloves out you can either buy new ones from DC or buy the same thing from Seattle Marine for $16 (lined... cheaper unlined) or you can use concrete handling gloves OR you can use dishwashing gloves... and all of them will work with your Diving Concepts rings.

OK now I'm confused again. How will they stay on the rings? On the Diving Concept rings I mean.

WillAbbott once bubbled...
the other disadvantage of the neoprene is that it's not BLUE like the rubber ones HAHAHAH, sorry just HAD to throw that in there... I think the rubbers are neater looking cause it's obvious they are dry gloves, and I like the color blue :wink:

Actually, I find it a bigger deal than that.

With the blue gloves it's easier to distinguish subtle hand signals that are presented against the dark background of the drysuit. With the typical black gloves (wet or dry), it's more difficult to figure out what they're saying unless they hold their hand away from the body, or you shine your light right on their hand.

I use OS-Systems dryglove rings, but I'm sure they basically work in the same way.

The gloves stay on the hard plastic rings by using flexible O-Rings to secure them. The Diving Concepts site shows you just how it's done, and on that basis, you can use virtually any water-tite gloves just like Uncle Pug said above.

I personally use the unlined gloves from Seattle Marine with thin Wigwam liners and I love them.

If you do stick with wet gloves for a while, you may want to try what some people do: Bring a jug of hot water with you and dump some in the gloves to pre-heat them before any repetitive dives so they don't steal as much heat from your hands.

Just a thought.

taat2d once bubbled...
OK now I'm confused again. How will they stay on the rings? On the Diving Concept rings I mean.

GearHead once bubbled...

I personally use the unlined gloves from Seattle Marine with thin Wigwam liners and I love them.

You have a model/style number for what you are getting from SeaMar? I just got 4 dozen gloves from them and they screwed up and didn't send what I ordered. Now I'm hasseling over getting the right gloves and they say they don't have the "correct" size.

Hate mailorder :upset:

MD

taat2d once bubbled...

No, not you, 0-ring, the rubber one :)

If you have the same system my buddy has, you have loose ring with some large o-rings on it that fits into your suit ring. We're taking the rubber gloves I use and just slipping them under the larger "glove" 0-ring just like the blue gloves.

MD

You know what, Mech, I ended up having to drive down to Seattle Marine and make the purchase in person to get it right. Based on information that I got from fellow Scubaboarder Retnug in this thread, I bought the "Atlas 660 PVC Oil Resistant Blue 12" which I'm betting are what you're looking for. By the way, for sizing, I recommend getting one size lower than you normally get. I'm usually a XL for gloves, but the Large size fit just right. I have way more dexterity than I did with my 5 mil wetgloves.

Rick

P.S. They definitely don't keep hours like Home Depot, so if it's on a weekend or evening, call before you go down there.

MechDiver once bubbled...

You have a model/style number for what you are getting from SeaMar? I just got 4 dozen gloves from them and they screwed up and didn't send what I ordered. Now I'm hasseling over getting the right gloves and they say they don't have the "correct" size.

Hate mailorder :upset:

MD

GearHead once bubbled...
You know what, Mech, I ended up having to drive down to Seattle Marine and make the purchase in person to get it right.

By the way, for sizing, I recommend getting one size lower than you normally get. I'm usually a large for gloves, but the mediums fit just right. I have way more dexterity than I did with my 5 mil wetgloves.

Rick

I'll look at those, but my problems just the opposite. The "large" they sent me would fit my wife. The XL's are okay, but now they don't have XXL. The gloves I like are from Boss Mfg and SeaMar is just a distributor for them. I called Boss and hopefully have the correct ones on the way.
I have a 5 hour drive to Seattle so won't drop in unexpectedly :D

Thanks for the info.

MD

Back
Top Bottom