Dry suit gloves and Citizen watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
I use my Citizen Aqualand Duplex as a back up to my dive computer. I just bought a dry suit with dry gloves and rings. Will I still be able to use the watch over my suit? Is has a Trident velco xtra long band on it. Thanx in advance for the help. Oh the suit is a trilam if that matters.:shark:

I have yet to have a problem. I worried for a long time that I would rip the glove. Have not as of yet. 50 to 100 dives and still going strong.

In fact the only tear I have had was cause by a hacksaw while cutting through a steel cable wrapped in a prop.

Hallmac

This is very good news. When you pump air into your suit does it get into the glove? How tight does your watch band pull? The Trident has a stainless thing-a-ma-bob that kinda gives a lil I guess making it depth compensating?

Put a piece of surgical tube a couple of inches long under the wrist seal on both arms. Have the tube stick out past the seal which will let the air move in and out of the gloves keeping your hands from getting a squeeze. It will also keep the gloves from popping off as you ascend (if they are the snap ring type).

If they are the snap rings you can try putting your watch above the ring (towards your elbow) on your forearm.

taat2d once bubbled...
When you pump air into your suit does it get into the glove? How tight does your watch band pull?

Yes I found that if I lift my hands up or forward air will enter the glove. I found that I don't need liners down to about 46 degrees. The watch band is only tightened enough to stop it from spinning on my wrist. On ascent I shift my hand position so the air will return to the suit.

Hallmac

Hey Eric
I bought one of those watch bands awhile back. I don't like it. I think I'm gonna stick with my Trident band. And as far as the gloves popping off; if I don't put the tubing between the seals and the golves they will pop off?

When you are at depth some air will leak from your suit into the gloves. As you come up the volume increases and if enough got in they will pop off.

This does depend on the type you have. If they are the snap ring type (the glove has a ring and there is another on the suit and they push together) this could happen. This is the type I believe you were refering to in your dry suit post. My brother has the same type. That is also the type Matt dives and he always uses the surgical tubing.

Besides the crush your fingers can get if air can't move from the suit to the gloves isn't an enjoyable experience.

Thanx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom