dry suit help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mirrocraft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello im looking for a little help with my dry suits i have one i need to put a neck seal and re do the seams with some new tape and glue and another one that i want to get ride of the neopreme seals and put latex seals i dont have the money to let someone else fix it some im trying to do it my self anyone have and clear tape and glue to sell and any tips on reparing this that may help me not mess this up . or anyone that i can send this to that is cheap but at the same time good

As far as the seals are concerned, changing them out is simple. You can get the seals, glue and instructions at http://www.ossystems.com/repair

As far as clear tape, I can only assume that you have a shell suit that has the clear tape covering the seams. That tape is hot melted down to the suit material itself. If it has come up, it is because the suit material has broken down a bit in that area. When you get the glue for the seals, use a little of it to bond the tape back in place.

thank you for your help the only thing is i cant order glue through them it just give sugg. retail price im looking for a place to order it from because i dont have a dive shop in my area

Click on the link and then go to the price list. There is a button that says
sm_add.gif
which is where you saw the suggested retain. That allows you to buy the glue or any of the other parts that are listed.

look into dui's zip seal, i think they are better.

he said he does not have alot of $..zip seal refitted onto a suit is expensive..

i ended up ordering glue off ebay dui was exp. im just going to re glue the stripping i have on the suit its just coming up in some spots . im also going to change my other suit from neopreme to latex hope i dont mess it up because its cold here and i need the suits im a rescue diver on my volinteer fire dep. and we supply our own gear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom