Dry suits and Catheters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy New Year!!!

The original version was better :rofl3:

I know not of that of which you speak. :scorned:

Did not, Nobody saw me, Cannot prove it!!!!

:D

Did not, Nobody saw me, Cannot prove it!!!!

:D

Well actually you did post it elsewhere :wink:

I just got my Rochester sample pack. They didn't include any 41s so I guess I'll have to place a special order. On a more somber note the "weenie wheel" has given way to a measuring stick of sorts, which I guess is appropriate when you think about it.

The kit includes a sample in every size (except the afford mentioned 41) of every variety of cathater Rochester offers. From "pop ons" to Naturals. The nats are sans glue and are held in position with a Velcro strap. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Steve.

Ok,
I've gotten quite accustomed to my new dry suit, and with the help of several of you here, have figured out the plumbing, so to speak....
Now I have a question, that makes me a little uneasy....but, who else to ask, right?
Ok..
I made the mistake of entering condom catheters into my google search, which of course returned with a million suggestions.
What I'd like to know is, are there any types that you guys (sorry ladies) have used, or tried and can make some recommendations. Either web or brand would help.
I really have no idea what would work best, and quite frankly had no idea there were so many choices, from "Texas style" (whatever that means) to "super comfort 1000".
I'm truly lost...
I mean for pete's sake....I'd walk into CVS and ask for them if I had any idea what to ask for...this is not like picking up a pack of trojans for a saturday night and making eyes at the female checker when I was 17......:D
Any info about a particular style or some direction would be much appreciated....and let's just pretend we're talking about this over beers.....LOL.

Rochester wide band contact them and they will send you a sample pack to try with the most commmon sizes. Thats what i did.

hope this helps

There are scores of different condom catheters on the market. Some are very good and others not so good. Take it from a guy who uses these every day on dry land and in the water. (I have used condom catheters daily after acquiring a spinal cord injury as a teenager).

Both the Rochester and Mentor products are OK, but several design flaws render them vulnerable to failure. Most critically their tips are prone to twisting & kinking, impeding flow and then the appliance eventually slips off. The current best product is the "Conveen Optima" manufactured by Coloplast, Inc. A thin, compliant PVC sheath, aggressive adhesive and a truly kink proof tip make the Optima the most reliable. foolproof product on the market. Guys who have intact sensation also tell me they are more comfortable to wear than the competitor's products. As a plus, the Optima comes in a small hard plastic case that one can carry in a pocket or wallet. It is always nice to have a spare if needed. I won't use anything else!

You can find the at Express Medical Supply or Coloplast's webside where you can oder samples.

Stay Dry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom