Dry suits and Catheters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the links provided at the beginning of this thread are not good anymore. Any updates on suppliers of the WideBand from Rochester?

HERE TRY THIS LINK Rochester Medical | products
THEY WILL SEND YOU A SAMPLE KIT AND THEY WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE

Thanks, I requested some samples and told them I have no idea on size.

The links I was looking for were to retailers, thank you for posting new ones.

Maybe I've learned a thing or two about getting widebands off. I swore off of them last time I used one, too.

If you're to the removal stage this advice is mood. But...... trim johnston of any and all hair lest you sound like an Indian on the war path when removing........

Use a hot washcloth, it softens the "glue" do this two, three, four times getting all areas as hot as you can stand.

Slowly peel the thing off bottom up. If it's grabbing some of that sensitive skin ( and believe me, it's all sensitive ) get some TP and soak with alcohol. Apply the alcohol pad you just made to the interface where the condom is pulling the skin. Alcohol will "melt" the glue, but go slow pulling the condom gently while applying the rubbing alcohol pad where the cath is bonded to the skin. Remember you don't have to remove it all at that moment (assuming someone isn't waiting for you) so if things are difficult you can always walk away then come back for more removal. I also use a pair of scissors (gulp) to cut the excess catheter as I'm removing it. Just don't cut yourself or cut so much of the cath off that you can't get hold of it.

Just be patient and it will come off. Don't hurt yourself! When it's being really difficult slow down and use more hot water on a wash cloth, then the alcohol again.

Now for the next question. I assume they are a 1 time use?

For me they are a daily use device. Use it for the day of diving, remove it at the end of the dive day. I haven't yet let one on for two days, but I think you could provided you rinse yourself at the tip somehow.

Maybe I've learned a thing or two about getting widebands off. I swore off of them last time I used one, too.

If you're to the removal stage this advice is mood. But...... trim johnston of any and all hair lest you sound like an Indian on the war path when removing........

Use a hot washcloth, it softens the "glue" do this two, three, four times getting all areas as hot as you can stand.

Slowly peel the thing off bottom up. If it's grabbing some of that sensitive skin ( and believe me, it's all sensitive ) get some TP and soak with alcohol. Apply the alcohol pad you just made to the interface where the condom is pulling the skin. Alcohol will "melt" the glue, but go slow pulling the condom gently while applying the rubbing alcohol pad where the cath is bonded to the skin. Remember you don't have to remove it all at that moment (assuming someone isn't waiting for you) so if things are difficult you can always walk away then come back for more removal. I also use a pair of scissors (gulp) to cut the excess catheter as I'm removing it. Just don't cut yourself or cut so much of the cath off that you can't get hold of it.

Just be patient and it will come off. Don't hurt yourself! When it's being really difficult slow down and use more hot water on a wash cloth, then the alcohol again.

For me they are a daily use device. Use it for the day of diving, remove it at the end of the dive day. I haven't yet let one on for two days, but I think you could provided you rinse yourself at the tip somehow.

Dayum, Randy, you make ME want to cross my legs!!!! Owwwwww! :rofl3:

with proper technique they aren't so bad to remove.

(having said that after thinking I'd have to have the first one removed in the ER)

Reactions: Jax
For those that dont have a P Valve, what about those adult Depends, or something like that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom