dry vs semi dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

needforspeed751

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Based on your experiences with each which do you prefer and why? I have been thinking about looking into a new exposure suit since I'll be diving in rather cold conditions.

DRY, DRY, DRY!!!! I have done both and semi dry doesn't compare. Although it's not a bad option if you can't afford a drysuit. The biggest difference for me is I can dive when it is fairly cool outside and I'm not spending a surface interval shivering and contemplating giving it up!

Warm vs. Semi-warm....

All the best, James

All depends on where you will be diving. What water temps you diving in?

The real question is drysuit vs wetsuit (semidry=wet). I love my drysuit, but if the water temp is above about 58F, I switch to my wetsuit since it is just plain easier to dive. The drysuit isn't hard, per say, but does require more concentration on the mechanics of the dive, which leaves less brain cycles for sightseeing or photography. Just my $0.02. That being said, at the end of the month, I am off to Alaska to dive off the Nautilus Explorer which will be dry all the way! I can hardly wait.

If you think you need a semi dry (aka a wetsuit) you really need a drysuit.

A semi dry will be fine for 50-60 degree water. I use one for those temps and I feel fine. It's a great suit at the fraction of the price of a dry suit. However, go a little colder and you will want a dry suit. However I don't know if I paired a core warmer with it if I would be ok. I was chilled in 46 degree water with my 8/6 Pinnacle Kodiak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom