Dryest Mask You've Ever Used--I know, I know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyDiverOne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know, I know, everyone is going to say, well, it all depends on you and your face, try it on without the straps and if it seals that's a good start, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Having said that, I would still love to hear from people about masks they have loved that are bone dry. Right now I'm using the Aqualung Favola and, although I like it a lot, it does collect water in the nose pocket and some dives it just won't seem to seal. I need readers, so I started off with the Seavision Classic with diopters; I know this isn't a technical or sophisticated mask, but man that mask was BONE dry for the first couple years, and then, well, it just started leaking. I may try another one again.

Scuba Diving's 2018 Mask Test ranked the Zeagle Scope Dual Best for double lenses, and the Tusa Freedom Elite Best for single-lenses, 2018 ScubaLab Mask Review

Has anyone tried either of these? I love both of these companies' products and find them well built.

Thanks all!!

Tusa Freedom masks share the same skirt, so their fit is probably the same. They definitely fit my face, are bone dry and very comfortable.
I have a TUSA Freedom Ceos with Seavision custom prescription lenses and a Freedom One without prescription for diving with contacts. Seavision can't make prescription lenses into any mask, but the Freedom CEOS has small enough lens diameter to fit their system.
I also dive a Beuchat Maxlux, which is very dry, small volume and comfortable too. Maxlux S is too small for my face and gets leaky. I also can't use micromask or Cressi Calibro. I use elastic neopren mask straps.
It all depends on your face, but the Tusa Freedom skirt is good and seems to fit many faces.

This mask participated your Scubalab review with several identities and it is a very popular mask all together. It fits most faces and is definitely dry. Personally I find the Beuchat Maxlux nosepocket easier to equalize.
DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask

Try a freediving mask.

Technisub Marina fits everyone that I gave it to a dive center (and clears extreamly easy).
I use Omer Alien clone right now and I keep giving it to customers to use after their mask fogs up or leakes to much.
And my old Cressi Focus is probably the best fitting mask I ever had, it never leaked no matter to whome i gave it to.

Thumbs Up.jpg
Ocean Reef G. Giver FFM

Tusa Freedom Elite and its predecessor the Tusa Visualator are the best fitting driest masks I have used. They are especially good for larger faces.

Snorkel Pro as seen in my photo on the left. $20 at a local shop.

Tusa Freedom Elite and its predecessor the Tusa Visualator are the best fitting driest masks I have used. They are especially good for larger faces.
Thanks for the input, very helpful.

Currently getting the hang of Cressi Big Eyes, I have it dry on about half the dives now. An older Cressi "panoramic" was bone dry on every dive from day one, no fiddling with the strap etc. was ever required.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom