drysuit boots, size 12 foot, XL Jetfins dont fit...at all. Will XXL even come close?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobadoobiedoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
imgur.com
PQBUVOZ
PQBUVOZ

If the XL is this small with the boot on, does the XXL even stand a chance?

Had to get a pair of new fins when I got my Santi Dry suits with rock boots. Tried every pair I could find at my LDS with the rock boots on + a pair of very heavy woollen socks (didn't want to carry the dry suit as well).

Had no choice in the model, it was Mares Power Plana or nothing. Tried about 7 or 8 different models if I remember correctly.

scubapro have always had inordinately small foot pockets especially with the Jet fin
also being far too heavy to push water, which is also already heavy enough to push

Mate you could fit half the Sasquatch family in the Cerich fin

XXL Jet Fins are massive compared to the XLs and I suspect they will be too big for you, they were for me. Try XXL XS Turtle Fins

I was able to get the dry boots on my 4X SP evertec into XXL jets. The boots on that suit were comparable to size 16. If you have spring straps on the jets you'll find that there is a small piece of chord that runs inside the spring limiting how far it can expand. I cut that string and took it out. The jets are MUCH more comfortable for me now. I had the dry boots replaced with socks and now wear size 13 rock boots with the XXL jets. Everything is perfect now.

I echo Mares Power Planas for larger feet. Taller boot cut foot pocket. Very comfortable. I'm a 13 and XXL fits great in rock boots.

You need the XXL jet fins manufactured in USA. The foot pocket is larger than the XXL jet fins made in Taiwan. They are always black and do not have the spring heel straps. That’s how you find them on the inter web.

F1’s for me. Size 14 boots and there is still some room in the foot pocket

Mares Power Plana or nothing.
I'll look into these, thanks!

Try XXL XS Turtle Fins
These have some good reviews, including one dude with size 16 feet, definitely worth checking out. Thanks!

Turtles...
These intrigue me. They're very similar looking to SP Jets, which I love. I'll check with my LDS to see what they have.

Had no choice in the model, it was Mares Power Plana or nothing.
You're not the only one to recommend these, worth a look!

I echo Mares Power Planas for larger feet. Taller boot cut foot pocket. Very comfortable. I'm a 13 and XXL fits great in rock boots.
I do a lot of shore-doves so bought rock boots. Also, you're the second person to mention these, thanks!

Thanks for all the tips, everyone! I'll update this thread in a few days once I find the perfect fit at my LDS. I need to move quick, my first pool session with the drysuit starts on January 4th.

Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom