Drysuit Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might take a look at Palladium boots. They are built like Converse All Stars, but with a heavier lug sole. The two pair that I have are canvas upper, but they have other (more expensive) options. I think I gave $70 a pair, so more than I usually pay for footwear, but they appear to be good boots. I didn't buy them for diving, I wear them when I go to the timber, but have been happy with them for the last couple of years.

DW

I like attached boots.
I buy the USIA premium drysuit boots from Dive Right In Scuba. They last many years and are comfortable with a nice sole. I love them for my cave diving suit.
My boat suit has DUI turbo soles, I get them from DUI when they start leaking.

These look fine. If it was me I would go with some nylon string (rope) that would just fit thru the eyes.

With the converse sneakers, If I spent more than $10.00 every couple of years for boots (hard sole sneakers) that was a lot. But takes just me. Plus you get to choose the color, lol.
Is that what you pay for used converses? The last I looked they were expensive...$100?

I open to try anything cheap and comfortable.

You might take a look at Palladium boots. They are built like Converse All Stars, but with a heavier lug sole. The two pair that I have are canvas upper, but they have other (more expensive) options. I think I gave $70 a pair, so more than I usually pay for footwear, but they appear to be good boots. I didn't buy them for diving, I wear them when I go to the timber, but have been happy with them for the last couple of years.

DW

I'll look them up, thanks!!

I'm using the aqualung boots, they work very well but run small.

I'm using the aqualung boots, they work very well but run small.
What did they set you back?

Is that what you pay for used converses? The last I looked they were expensive...$100?

I open to try anything cheap and comfortable.
You can use converse as a generic name. Kind of like a crescent wrench. Like I said, I would shop the Goodwill or thrift shops to get them. Here is another example.

So I tried socks on in the suit, suit in the bootie and fin on. The velcro on top of the REI paddle booties seems to interfere with the foot going in the fin... that and I might need a 12 opposed to a 13. There was a little room at the end of the toes.

I might also try my 2XL F1's.. the F1's I tried today were XL.

Screenshot_20221203-170155_Chrome.jpg

So I tried socks on in the suit, suit in the bootie and fin on. The velcro on top of the REI paddle booties seems to interfere with the foot going in the fin... that and I might need a 12 opposed to a 13. There was a little room at the end of the toes.

I might also try my 2XL F1's.. the F1's I tried today were XL.

View attachment 756840
When I tried the NRSs I found them to be pretty narrow. I have a wider foot so a hard NO for me. You said you have wide feet, so ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom