Drysuit Certification when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far we only have proof that Mike wore the drysuit on the surface. should we actually believe him that he dove it?

I saw nothing.

And yet there was this guy hanging around while we were trying to take pictures.

MikeDeep.jpg

Hahahaha. Poor Mike. :) I am going to be down next weekend but diving on Sunday. Sorry I am going to miss diving with you Robin!

To keep the thread alive I have posted up some pics for your viewing enjoyment.

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

The rest can be found here

Looking forward to getting back out next weekend with you Mike!

Haha, very funny all of you... I was there and yes that someone that took my diving mask was this punk diver that couldn't handle the cold anymore... Anyway I think you will all like the new Mike G because he'll be found much more, diving California's beautiful coast...

I seriously had an incredible time diving with stars like Brandon, Robin, Ron + Carrie and my new friend Kent that gave me an opportunity to dive Ballbuster at 101 feet in my second drysuit dive...

Who will ever forget this epic day where we curve around the break water only to run into more placid, pool like conditions, virtually zero movement in swells...

Then we have Kent and Ron arguing about where to drop anchor, how funny :) We all get ready to dive with each diver putting on his gear. The wimp Mike G quietly gets up and walks to the back of the Zodiak to hide behind Carrie.

He figures that with Carrie by his side no one will make him jump in first, Mike G thinks that some big fish name Jaws is waiting for him in deep water. I wait patiently as Robin, Ron and Brian flip off the Zodiak, I figure if any sharks show up I'll be the first to try to pull them up to safety. :)

Then I finally jump off the Zodiak. We have Brandon, Carrie and Kent topside waiting for us to return.

As I descend into the unknown abyss as I reach 35 feet my right ear will not clear, Ron is the first to spot my distress and signals to Robin to pause while we figure out my deal. He helps me up 5 feet and the ear clears, thanks guys...

As I drop further and further I feel the famous squeeze on the suit and then 30 more feet the bottom of the abyss appears along the anchor...

It's eeire and quiet, just the bubbles of the divers and the movement of ocasional fish swimming by. We all start exploring with both divers focusing on any odd movement for macro photograpy, I think that if I could become a Nudibrach you would see a lot more pics of me diving the drysuit since Robin is the Macro boss of pictures...

As we continue exploring I see this really huge hermit shell bigger than my hand, I dig it out of the sand and bring it to Robin, which he snaps a macro of it. I should've brought it up for all to see it but I left it down there for some shelter, many critters will thank me later...

As I look at my Galileo I notice that my RBT is slowly comming to an end 7min and counting. I don't want to be forced into DECO out here like I did before so I keep a close watch and get ready to let my buddies know it's time to return back to home base....

I think well maybe I'll drop down further and get my record deep dive but I cannot find the channel down to deeper water and I'm just hanging vertically and both divers are looking at me, "probably were thinking this dude is Narced". So rather than give off that idea I return to my senses and look at my computer...

It's close to 1 min left of RBT, I go to Robin and point with my finger the number one, he looks and thinks oh Mike G has 1,000 PSI cool.. Then Mike G says, "no please look at computer and then Robins eyes get big and he points at the anchor line and says lets go home".

Just before I dropped down to 1 min RBT I heard the roar of a motor and thought must be a passing boat overhead, it was really Brandon starting the motor because something was wrong topside, he was trying to get our attention and have us return.

As we start our ascent, Robin and Ron are ahead with Robin making sure I use the line, he didn't want me to lose control and ascend too quickly with my drysuit, thanks Robin.

They both clear their safety stop and get to the boat and I'm all alone. Wow, all alone just below the boat at 15 feet and my dumb computer is saying 3 min safety stop. That was the slowest 3 min I have ever waited.

What is down here below me, what is that to my left, to my right, how about behind me? It was killing me just staying there waiting and I was the smart ass that made the divers jump off the Zodiak first, man payback is a bitch... I hate my mind at times... :)

As I get finally cleared to ascend I reach the Zodiak and Kent says hand me your equipment, we need to leave NOW!!! Holy smoke the boat is sinking!!! There was water up to our feet and Carrie and Kent took off there shoes...

I race to the other side and enter the boat and leave on my fins just in case we sink... Robin is pulling out water with his mask and I join to help him...

Oh man this is like that movie open water only everyone will be in the water with the big fish...

As Kent starts the engine the boat is literally snailing along and cannot move any faster since the boat has taken on so much water, finally she clears most of it and it picks up more speed, wow I feel the urgency to hug the zodiak for it's ability to get me back to the dock...

The plug had accidently detached itself and Kent was able to fix it at the dock, but that wasn't untill we watched it drain all the water it had taken on, about 20 minutes plus of time to clear out the water...

Later that night at dinner Carrie, Kent, Robin and Me talked about our adventures; I really laughed when Carrie told us that when Robin came up to the Zodiac they tried telling him, get in the boat the water is filling the Zodiac, Robin heard water and replied, "yes the water is beautiful, and was referring to his incredible dive a Ball Buster" I almost fell over laughing, because they were screaming sinking boat, Robin has this huge smile and grin about yes the water here is so beautiful....

Guys this will be a dive I'll never forget....

Mike G

p.s
yes Robin I cannot wait to dive again this Saturday.... Hopefully others can join Mike G and take more pics to prove he is the drysuit super hero of cold water wetsuit divers...

I will not ever forget this experience

shoot. i missed this post. we were at breakwater. sorry we missed you and I didnt check this post before heading out on sat.

we'll be down again next sat. anyone up for a couple of dives next week?

Robbin.

I am down there next weekend with 2 good divers and two newly certed divers, though they are new I must say they are really good for only 4 dives each.

I would like it if you could join us??

And anyone else that might like to join!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom