Drysuit Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davita

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone. I just got a drysuit and now I need to learn to use it. Where is the best place to get schooled? I don't necessarily need the cert, just how to use it.

Thanks, Tony

Perfect timing!

Since you're in the Falls Church area, please don't hesitate to place a call to Splash Dive Center in Alexandria tomorrow. My wife and I will be playing with new Dry Suits on Thursday evening at a local pool in Alexandria. We kinda went the other route and both got certified and then bought dry suits, but I'm sure the shop can handle it either way.

I have to suggest you seriously consider the certification, or the distinctive specialty of Dry Suit Diver as they do require a bit of education to properly control it. By the time you kinda figure it out you'd have the specialty or distinctive specialty done anyway.

Hopefully we'll see you at the pool!

Sorry, I just got these posts. When is your next pool session or full Drysuit Class?
Thanks, Tony

The Dive Shop in Fairfax organizes the Chilly Willy dives in the winter at Millbrook. Its a great opportunity to do a drysuit course in the winter. Give them a call. I think the next one is Feb 5.

Adventure Scuba in Chantilly has pool time this weekend at Oakmar Rec Center in Vienna. You could get at least part of a DS course done there. They are at Adventure Scuba Company :: We Dive the World > Home. Ask for the shop owner, Henry.

I "third" highwings' comment - take a cert course. Gotta admit that Chilly Willy at Haymarket in Feb would be a tough first DS dive - 34-36 deg water at depth, probably <32 air temp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom