Drysuit Glove Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozumelkeith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey All,
Recently placed an order for my first drysuit, a MTM FLX Extreme. I ordered the suit with standard latex neck and wrist seals as the one thing I hadn't really sorted out was what kind of glove/glove system I wanted to ultimately use. In the short term I think I will just use wetgloves as I get used to diving dry, but after a bit of research I am thinking of eventually going with the SiTech Antares oval wrist rings (with dry gloves as needed), and possibly the Nike Tite system as well.

Some things this system seems to have going for it are:

1) redundant wrist seals in case of glove puncture
2) ability to replace seals on own, quickly and cheaply
3) ability to take gloves off when donning/doffing
4) a low profile that won't interfere (hopefully?) with reaching valves or be a nuisance when diving in warmer water sans gloves. Silicon seal option is also a big plus.

I am a bit concerned about the comfort of the neck ring, some people say it's uncomfortable others say you don't notice it, perhaps largely due to body type.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either system or has any GUE/DIR specific thoughts/considerations as far as going this route vs. Zipseals or other systems (e.g. comfort when using a primary light, ability to reach into pockets etc). Currently in Boston area, so cold water, but that could change depending on school acceptances.

Thanks in advance for your help. Happy diving and happy new year to all.

-Keith

Here in Russia the water is cold all year round, thus dry gloves are obligated option.
Had used SiTech dryglove ring system for several years, but finally tired of its bulkiness and abandoned in favor of seal on seal system like Nordic Blue, which I have been using past 2.5 years with pleasure.

I also dropped the wring dryglove system for the nordic blue setup. Everyone has trouble getting them on, initially, but with a little practice they become quite easy to use. They are much lower profile than the ring and more comfortable due to that fact.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom