Drysuit In Warm Water Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pickens_46929:
Rick,

Had one guy on the boat diving dry and he was in a long sleeve t-shirt and track pants.

That's what I'm wearing through the warmer times (mid 70's) here.

Dave

Hey Rick
My summer tech diving rig is 5 mm and Al 80s.

That said, I did bring my TLS 350 to FL a couple years ago for some deeper dives with steel. I wore only a thin polypro layer under the suit. Despite being August, it wasn't' so bad as long as I could take it off relatively quickly once on the boat.

In all, I'd rather be in the 5 mm.

jagfish:
In all, I'd rather be in the 5 mm.
Does your 5mm have pockets? The one I would borrow would not.

Final decision:

I"m gong with the 5mm wet (packed it last night). And for the pocket, I ordered one of these strokalishous temp pockets from Oxycheq.

PacketSniffer:
Rick,

Why didn't you get a set of XShorts?

Here
They're not made anymore, so they're not easily available, and I needed them right now. Also, I dive warm water (non-dry) so infrequently that I didn't want to spend that much.

Rick Inman:
They're not made anymore, so they're not easily available, and I needed them right now. Also, I dive warm water (non-dry) so infrequently that I didn't want to spend that much.

But they're available right now from someone (see in my previous post). When/if they wear out, you can always save the pockets and make another set of shorts for them.

PacketSniffer:
But they're available right now from someone (see in my previous post). When/if they wear out, you can always save the pockets and make another set of shorts for them.
Yeah, now I see what you mean. Too bad, I don't think there is a way to get them paid for and here by Friday. I'd have to transfer the $ into my paypal, which takes a few days. I'll pm the seller and see if he has any ideas.

Thanks!

limeyx:
X-shorts are way too gay :)

Uhhm, they beat the strokery of the X Pockets. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom