drysuit newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spiderdcr69

Reaction score
waterproof, dui, whites all good suits but which one is the best. Heard that white's takes along time to service. Really like thr style of waterproof, but LDS sells DUI and are erally pushing them.

waterproof, dui, whites all good suits but which one is the best. Heard that white's takes along time to service. Really like thr style of waterproof, but LDS sells DUI and are erally pushing them.

I know that DUI, sells really good stuff. They also have a lt of free stuff till the end of the month:shocked2:plus the WARRANTY you can not beat:D

DUI suits are good looking, and they seem to be truly self-donning (which is a nice feature). Customer service seems to be spotty -- sometimes superb, and other times not so much. (I'm basing these comments on the many friends I have who have or have had DUI suits, and what I've heard about them.) It seems as though they do have a lot of trouble with leaks, and the leaks can be hard to find. My primary dive buddy has had a leak in his left arm that has been there since he got the suit, and is still there despite at least two trips to DUI. But you can find stories like these about almost any dry suit.

I have a Whites Fusion, and I love it. I don't know about Whites suit service, because I don't have my work done by Whites. I have my neck seals generally done by my LDS. I do my own wrist seals, and find and patch my own leaks (of which I have only had two during the two years I've had the suit). I had the socks changed out for different footgear, but not by Whites.

The things I've learned about dry suits: I don't want Apeks valves. I do want tapered wrist seals, not bottlenecks. I really like self-donning suits. I don't like anything that requires a separate boot. I don't want a heavy and slow drying suit. Mobility is very important to me, as is the ability to pack the suit. Because of that set of criteria, and my desire to save $1000, the Whites Fusion won over a custom DUI trilam hands down.

No complaints with Whites time to service, but like TS&M said, take it to your LDS. We have lots of people from all over the world send us their suits. I have one in from Australia right now. Had a DUI yesterday we serviced. You shouldn't always rely on the Manufacturer for repairs, let your LDS, whether near or far take care of you :wink: That is why we are here.

I dive a Fusion, and have since they first came out(just upgrade your skin and viola.....new suit and options). I would never dive another suit. Stepping out of my DRIS shoes, I really think this suit makes all others outdated.

-Light weight
-Streamlined
-Custom fit and feel from an off the shelf suit
-Easy bubble management
-Easy travel suit
-Almost too easy to get in and out of yourself due to the zipper design
-Warm water or ice diving, just change your undergarment. You will still have a form fitting suit!
-Easy to service yourself (patch kit, adhesive neck and wrist seals, etx.)
-GREAT PRICE
-Just look at the concept, it really is spot on
- Damn, it just feels better than ANY other suit I have worn ( have tried MANY)

Thanks for all the advice. I have two LDS within 30 mins of each other, and just learned that the one that aqualung and whites have (how do you say it) join services so that is a very nice option. again thanks for your in put keep it coming

Somebody ever heard about HOG drysuit?
They seem quite nice, but never heard of them before yesterday. They started selling them last automn.

I'm looking for my first drysuit, and I'm not sure about using something that is a first year model basing on some experience I had.

I like Bare Drysuits, 99% of people are able to get an off the rack size (with slight Leg/sleeve adjustments), without having to go Made to Measure.

Bare Quality is Top Notch, they have been in the wetsuit and drysuit marked for years. they offer a wide range of products and Front/Rear entry.

If considering Drysuits Bare should be at the top of your list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom