Drysuit Poll

Which suit? Remember - YOU are paying for it!

• Andy's DS3

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • 5thD-750

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • DUI TLS350

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • DUI CLX450

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheck33 once bubbled...

I have been out of town, so sorry for the late reply.
I have recieved but not yet dove the suit. But i have put it on and
it fits like a glove and gives me far more freedom of motion than
the CF200 DUI that i sold. I will post an update once i have been in the water with it.

So.... how's the FifthD suit???

I'm a NE diver and wouldn't trade my DUI CLX450 for any other drysuit! I've dove with the Viking in hazmat situations and a USIA for recreational, but they don't compare to the flexability of the DUI. I use mine for rec diving, whitwater rescue and underwater search/recovery. Given all the rough terrain I use it for I'm shocked at how well it is holding up. I know it is a little pricey, but for me the comfort factor outweighs the cost. Isn't that why we graduated from a wetsuit???

ScubaDan once bubbled...

let's us know.

Best suit i have ever dove in. I am pissed by having wasted $1500 on a DUI to start with.
The 5th D suit fits perfectly, i love the attached neoprene boots, no more rockboots for me. The bellows pockets on both thighs are very nice, flat when empty so less dragg. I like the vent on the left forearm instead of the shoulder. I also use the diving concepts dryglove system and a halcyon balanced P-valve.
I never thought the suit could make such a difference :)

May I ask what you paid for the suit? Did you have to go to FifthD to try the suit on?

Thanks and enjoy

Eric

sheck33 once bubbled...

Best suit i have ever dove in. I am pissed by having wasted $1500 on a DUI to start with.
The 5th D suit fits perfectly, i love the attached neoprene boots, no more rockboots for me. The bellows pockets on both thighs are very nice, flat when empty so less dragg. I like the vent on the left forearm instead of the shoulder. I also use the diving concepts dryglove system and a halcyon balanced P-valve.
I never thought the suit could make such a difference :)
It's an Andy's with a different zipper and exhaust valve placement...if you have dove an Andy's you have dove a FifthD, right? Or am I missing something...

ericfine50 once bubbled...
May I ask what you paid for the suit? Did you have to go to FifthD to try the suit on?

Thanks and enjoy

Eric

Well i was lucky and one of the standard sizes fitted me just fine. But if a standard size doesnt fit by all means pay an extra $100 or so to get a custom suit. Fit is so important. Yes i drove to 5th D to try on the suit but for me that is easy since they are only about a 30 to 45 min drive away. I paid $1500 for the 750 version. The lighter version of the suit is about $100 cheaper and the heavier version about $100 more expensive. This price is excluding drygloves and P-valve, those you have to purchase separately. I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

O-ring once bubbled...

It's an Andy's with a different zipper and exhaust valve placement...if you have dove an Andy's you have dove a FifthD, right? Or am I missing something...

Whats in a name :D
All i care about that this suit is FAR better than the CF200 DUI suit i had. I think i know what i like better, i have about 200 dives on the DUI :)

O-Ring,
Several of my scuba instructors had the Andy's DS3 on, and I looked it over and it was one of the nicest drysuits that I have ever seen...I'd buy one in a minute if I had had about $1500 to spend on a suit. When I get out of college I am going to buy one in a minute. Super nice suit, and you can get them with flour orange, yellow or green tops that look great - in as far as keeping track of where someone IS, unless or course, your in Special Ops or something...

Back
Top Bottom