Drysuit skills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hang in there, TN, if anyone can help, it is Mike at DRIS.

As for drysuit skills, PM me your address and I'll send you my book. It will tell you the *what*, but as TSandM said, you can really hurt yourself with uncontrolled ascent. Please find a mentor who will help.

Tapatalk by Droid

WHOAAAAAAAAAAA>.....................everyone relax :)

Great questions and comments on both sides! Don't worry, we got it all under control with him. As one of the largest drysuit retailers in the country, we pride ourselves on getting a person the right suit the first time. It does us no good to have to reship suits . It costs too much money. That said, we do a better job than most local retailers, or LDS. The reason is simple...we sell them all the time. Going to your local shop that sells 2 suits a year to get "measured" or calling me (over 300 suits sold per year not to mention repairs we do for LDS's and manufacturers across the country) to let me tell you exactly how to do it.....which would you do?

Great points though, but honestly, just because they are your local shop, doesn't make them an expert. Remember, we are also a LDS, just not your local one. Alot can be done with a simple phone call to get you exactly what you need. I know there are hundreds of people on this very board that bought their suits from us and they were 100% perfect the first time. So buying something like this, isn't necessarily a bad thing from someone online. The biggest thing, other than a perfect fit (as someone mentioned) is buying from someone with experience. The experience you need to get the right fitting suit, the right accessories, the right undergarment, and at the right price.

We got TNRONIN covered guys :D Let's all grab our tanks, take a long dive, then have a cheers with our favorite beers. No need for all the animosity back and forth (can be a problem with keyboards and reading a computer screen even though not intended)

Thanks man, this is a tremendous amount of money for me (I'm a teacher with one in college), and yes I want to make sure I just don't "ready, fire, aim". Believe me this has been something I've stewed over and tried to figure. I guess I need to start a thread on drysuit selection, of course then it will morph to a drysuit skills thread. :blinking:

I believe Seahorse81 would be better served by a "Thanks, m'am". And your problem is right there in parenthesis. One in college. Tell em to get a job or join the military and let Uncle Sam pay the college bills. You could get a suit, scooter, and doubles for the cost of a semester that they will likely spend partying! :D My son loves the Air Force and he gets paid while he learns. There are those pesky trips to war zones but hey, been to a college campus on a football saturday night if they lose? Hell WVU looks like Dante's inferno (that's if they have couches on fire in hell) if they win or lose.

Reactions: Jax
I believe Seahorse81 would be better served by a "Thanks, m'am". And your problem is right there in parenthesis. One in college. Tell em to get a job or join the military and let Uncle Sam pay the college bills. You could get a suit, scooter, and doubles for the cost of a semester that they will likely spend partying! :D My son loves the Air Force and he gets paid while he learns. There are those pesky trips to war zones but hey, been to a college campus on a football saturday night if they lose? Hell WVU looks like Dante's inferno (that's if they have couches on fire in hell) if they win or lose.

Well carp I missed that one. SH sorry ma'am.
Jim thanks for the laugh. My daughter is the one in college. I tried to get her to join. No joy. The boy will go and be airborne like his dad. Except he will be an officer. :p

Now to put together the undergarments for the drysuit.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

:rofl3: Love ya, Mike! (DRIS)

The book is in the mail, TN . . . uh, just because the DVD shows 'special fins', you don't have to use them. :snicker:

Thank you ma'am. Thank you very much (in my best Elvis voice)

sent via nookcolor N2A.

LOL. In all fairness they didn't know that. Oh wait the thread was about skills, not what I was buying. :rolleyes:

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Reactions: Jax
Dude, welcome to online forums. It's the way they work.

Back
Top Bottom