****** Drysuit Weight question********

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How much weight will I need if I weight 130-135 pounds and 5'7 for drysuit diving

Tri-laminate or neoprene? Lots and lots of variables.

As you can sort of tell from the answers you have gotten, there is not enough information in your post for us even to guess. Dry suits can be made of neoprene or various fabrics, which can change the lift from the suit itself. Undergarments range from simple fleece to thick hybrid garments of fleece, Thinsulate, and even Hollofill. In addition, it makes a difference what BC you are using, because some jacket BCs can be up to 3 pounds positive, whereas a steel backplate will reduce your lead requirement by 5 or 6 pounds.

My goto answer for questions like this is 42. I came to that answer by multiplying 6 X 9.

If you have a pool available, test it your self. there are just too many variables to deal with.

Is there a reason you cannot do a proper weight check? As others have said too many variables and even with more info it would still only be a guesstimate. Good luck.

I have a dui tls350 and when i use a 300g undergarment i need 38# when i use a 100gr undergarment i need 19#.

How much weight will I need if I weight 130-135 pounds and 5'7 for drysuit diving

Do you recall what you learned when you took your Drysuit Class in 2012?

Back
Top Bottom