Drysuits and freediving in a force fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manfishmatt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Myself and a small team of Ocean Futures Society divers, Holly Synder Lohuis, Brian Hall and Carrie Vonderhaar traveled to the fjords of Northern Norway to film the orca of this region carousel feeding on herring. Though tempered by the Gulf Stream the water and air temperature of Norway still necessitate a drysuit. In addition this operation required the ability to quickly enter and exit the boat as the orca and the herring rarely remain in one location for very long. Given the logistics and mobility involved our normal tools of open circuit scuba and ccr rebreathers were not practical. Freediving was the only logical option. For me the choice to freedive in my Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fins was a no-brainer because they gave me the comfort, quick power and control I needed to complete the job.
Thank you Force Fin!
MFF_norway%20copy1sb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom