dui wrist seal help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pieper1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
im looking into buying a dui suit. the suit needs wrist seals and does not look to me like it has zip rings installed on it. I don't know a lot about these suits so im wondering what kind of expense I would be looking at to have new seals installed. everything I find online is for the zip seals. I don't want to get myself into a suit that is going to need more work than it is worth. any input you have would help

If you already have zip-seals; you can buy and install yourself. If you don't, then I would recommend you have them installed. Then if you want you can install gloves or seals as the conditions require. There are other options beside DUI. See the link for the DUI costs:

DUI ZipSeals for drysuit divers

If you are looking to just replace the wrist seals with new seals average price is $85, neck seals are the same, or save yourself a lot of money in future seals and install the Si-tech rings on wrists and/or neck. With the Si-Tech rings you can swap out your seals yourself quickly and easily with any seal whether it is latex or silicone. Also gives you the option of using dry gloves.

Wrist seals and glue from Dive right in Scuba run about $36.00+shipping. you-tube has many videos that can walk you through the process. Really quite easy, I do my own. Maybe don't look the greatest but keep me dry:D
Al

I have a DUI drysuit, and opted to have the Sitech Ring system installed. It was about the same price as having the DUI zip seals installed, but replacing the seals when the time comes is much cheaper. DRIS and a few others do the install. I am very pleased with the quality and the system is a breeze to use

great looks like its not to difficult. just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have to put more money into it then it was worth after buying it. thanks for all the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom