DUI Zipseals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bedmund

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a question for all the DUI drysuit divers with zipseals. How do you like them? Do you think it was a good way to go or would you choose regular seals if you had the choice?

I tried a search but I didn't find any posts about this topic per se.

Thanks,
-Bill

bedmund:
This is a question for all the DUI drysuit divers with zipseals. How do you like them? Do you think it was a good way to go or would you choose regular seals if you had the choice?

I tried a search but I didn't find any posts about this topic per se.

Thanks,
-Bill

Awesome with a capital A!!! They are a little tricky to get the hang of but with some water, baby shampoo and a small spray bottle they slip together like nothing! They're fantastic!

When my wife ordered her new drysuit she had the zip seals installed. The wrist seals are terrific and very easy to deal with, but she had problems with the stiffness of the zip neck seal. It was uncomfortable under the BCD and kept riding up on her. DUI was great in replacing the zip neck seal with a regular latex seal and now everything works well for her.

Frogman48:
When my wife ordered her new drysuit she had the zip seals installed. The wrist seals are terrific and very easy to deal with, but she had problems with the stiffness of the zip neck seal. It was uncomfortable under the BCD and kept riding up on her. DUI was great in replacing the zip neck seal with a regular latex seal and now everything works well for her.

Yea, the shop that sold me my suit sorta steered me away from the neck zip seals but I'll tell ya, those wrist ones are great. Spend a couple extra bucks and get the Zip Gloves too (then you have both). I wear a thin pair of polartec Gloves liners under mine and I swear they are as warm as can be!

I have both the zip neck seals and the zip wrist seals, never had a problem with either of them, comfort or leaking wise. The wrist seals are easy to take off and remove as long as you use some baby shampoo as a lubricant. I second the Zip Gloves, I find the dexiterity to be better than 5mm neoprene gloves as they keep my hands warm and toasty. An added benefit to the Zip Gloves if you have thin wrists like mine and the tendons pop up no water will enter the suit....

I tried the zip seals at a DUI demo days earlier this year (highly recommend that if you're close to one).

I loved the zip wrist seals, particularly with the dry gloves.

I wasn't too fond of the zip neck seal - the part of the ring that attaches to the suit is very firm and was on the small side for my head which made putting the suit on and off much harder than a standard latex neck seal. Once it was over my head, it worked fine, but getting the suit back off was a chore.

I've got standard seals on my drysuit now - if/when I tear a wrist seal, I'll probably have zip seals put on. Probably will just stick with standard neck seals though...

Hate doing w/o my suit for repairs. I am not what you would call mechanically inclined and I was able to replace all seals.No leaks or other problems.

I have about 10 dives on a Flx50/50 with Neck and Wrist Zip Seals. I like them both. I been around a few people with aborted dives after ripping worn neck seals. I personally don't want to have a ruined day from a broken Neck Seal. Replacement Zip Seals are however very pricey in my opinion. A spare Zip Neck Seal is about $130. Although I know regular neck seals are cheaper I don't know what it costs for replacement of the seal along with the shipping cost you will incure sending the suit in for repair. The bottom line is I wouldn't have a suit any other way!

Point of knowledge for those not diving DUI suits. DUI told me they will not install their Zip Seals on non-DUI suits. So, if you really want the seals, you need to buy a DUI suit.

I just wrecked my third neck seal trying to get it over my head. I think I will call DUI. They sent a free replacement last time but I may just have suit refitted with regular neck seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom