Dumb Laws Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ask gov Swartsneager (sp) about patting women on the bum.

My brother swears that in my home town of Winters, CA. there is still a law that prohibits tying up camels on Main Street.
Don't try to sell your car anywhere on a street in Vacaville, Ca as they will serve you a "nasty gram" on your window, pending a ticket. I guess we need to use telepathy to figure out whose car is for sale. (that might be a good defense for a car thief now that I think of it) Not even in front of your own home, or while shopping, can you have your car for sale. Man! what a bunch of grumps.
In Davis, California you have to remain a certain distance from any business in order to smoke. The only place that would it would be considered legal was if you stood on the center yellow line of the street!. You also must curtail your snoring to below a set Db level, or risk a fine. Also, you cannot destroy a "historic pothole", in Davis.
this folks is true! Only in Davis.

In Victoria, BC, as it was explained to me a few years ago: No self-respecting Gentleman will be caught in public without their sword.

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
In Victoria, BC, as it was explained to me a few years ago: No self-respecting Gentleman will be caught in public without their sword.

Bill.
but what happens when you get to the airport? :eyebrow:

Froglady:
Texas
It is illegal for a man to kick his wife out of bed.
It is illegal to place a "FOR SALE" sign on your car if it can be seen from the street.
Men can got to jail for patting females on the bottom.

As a Texas peace officer, most all of the Texas laws (and probably all the laws) are strange applications of actual laws.

For instance, patting ANYONE on the bottom could be considered offensive, and is a class C misdemeanor, "Assault by Contact" punishable by a fine of up to $500. (By the way, an offensive gesture is also a Class C).

"Kicking" someone out of your bed could also be considered an assaultive offense.

By the way, most states have laws about "tethering" animals in public places; it just sounds better when you apply the law to an interesting animal, such as an elephant, or specifically apply a general animal law to a porcupine.

Many of the Texas laws people still quote have been off the books for sometime, such as the wirecutter law.

Here in Louisiana it’s still on the books where it requires courtrooms to provide spittoons for every row of benches.

a few MA laws

Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder.

It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.

At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.

It's illegal to keep a mule on the second floor of a building not in a city unless there are 2 exits. (MGL Chapter 272 section 86)

It's illegal to sell fewer than 24 ducklings at a time before May 1, or to sell rabbits, chicks, or ducklings that have been painted a different color

It is illegal to frighten a pigeon

No one may take a bath without a prescription.

No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun in case of bears.

and in my home town

Newton
All families must be given a hog from the town's mayor.

in Baltimore:
It's illegal to take a lion to the movies.
You may not curse inside the city limits.
^ Just take me to jail now.
Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited.

These are my home state of Utah's dumb laws.
1. Alcohol may not be sold during an emergency.
2. Individuals may not possess beer in containers larger than two liters unless they are a retailer.
3. Boxing matches that allow biting are not allowed.
4. It is illegal to cause a catastrophe.
5. It is against the law to fish from horseback.
6. It is illegal not to drink milk.
7. It is illegal to detonate any nuclear weapon. You can have them, but you just can't detonate them.
8. Birds have the right of way on all highways.
9. A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence. (I kinda like this one.)
10.You're not allowed to sell beverages containing more than 3.2% alcohol.

Oh Wow!

Back
Top Bottom