Dumped on by Diving Companies Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO the best thing you can do is expose bad companies on websites like this one. If divers know about bad practices at one company, they'll go to another. It's just one more good thing about the internet. The only people profiting from a class action lawsuit are the lawyers. They've already ruined the legal system, (OK, most, but not all), so let's have our wallets do the talking for us. I think anyone with a bad experience with a company should tell as many divers as they can, and then post their experience here, and elsewhere. Once word gets around, it's bad news for the company. They'll either have to change their practices, or go under.

Ok, like all great things they get replaced. How many computers have you purchased in the past 3 yrs? How many upgrades have you done with the current model? The same goes for dive equipment, may work fine but there is always a better item coming out in the mere future, if this was not the case.....Do you think that we would still be driving model-T's?

DMP:
Ok, like all great things they get replaced. How many computers have you purchased in the past 3 yrs? How many upgrades have you done with the current model? The same goes for dive equipment, may work fine but there is always a better item coming out in the mere future, if this was not the case.....Do you think that we would still be driving model-T's?

I agree on alot of items but regs. ain't one unless we're talking about some dryrotted Sea Hunt gear. My father had a Dacor reg. from the early '70's that was great until it grew legs. How many are still using SP regs. from yesteryear. If the performance is there why trash 'em. Computers are a different animal. The technology is changing too rapidly not to upgrade.

DMP:
And the point being?
If the item is still serviceable, it should be serviced.
The warrantee is part of the service.

Tom

I consider Dacor/Mares not showing up for DEMA just another slap in the face. I know many divers who wanted to confront them about the problem of not serviceing their "lifetime" warranted products. I had hoped to give them copies of this and several other threads that showed dissatifaction with their deceison and point out the negitive impact on their image.

scubapro50:
I consider Dacor/Mares not showing up for DEMA just another slap in the face. I know many divers who wanted to confront them about the problem of not serviceing their "lifetime" warranted products. I had hoped to give them copies of this and several other threads that showed dissatifaction with their deceison and point out the negitive impact on their image.

Hasn't this one gone on long enough?

You could always mail the information to them. In fact, I'll give you the $3 or so it takes to send a certified, return receipt letter. Just PM me with your address.

garyfotodiver:

You could always mail the information to them. In fact, I'll give you the $3 or so it takes to send a certified, return receipt letter. Just PM me with your address.
if you mailed them anything they more than likely will just throw it in the trash .... I've tried calling and emails and they don't return either. Maybe I'll get the chance to talk to a rep durning SEASPACE in June.

scubapro50:
if you mailed them anything they more than likely will just throw it in the trash .... I've tried calling and emails and they don't return either. Maybe I'll get the chance to talk to a rep durning SEASPACE in June.

That's why one sends a certified letter.

Somehow, I have a distinct feeling you don't want to let this thing go.

garyfotodiver:
That's why one sends a certified letter.

Somehow, I have a distinct feeling you don't want to let this thing go.
So they sign for it and then throw in in the trash. Your right ... I won't let it go until Dacor fixes the problem and I will continue to tell divers not to purchase their products anymore because they don't honor their "lifetime" warranty to provide parts and service.

garyfotodiver:

Maybe the thread, but not the discussion.
The consumer has a part to play for our type of trade (free market capitalism) to work, if we shirk our responsibility to tell manufacturers and distributors what we think by every means available, if we just shrug our shoulders and sigh, "What can we do?" we are allowing ourselves to be helplessly screwed at the whim of some faceless overpowering Giant.
The irony is we, the consumer, are much bigger than any of the many companies whose equipment we purchase.
But it's useless to be a large force if we never educate ourselves, communicate, and take up our economic arms.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom