Dumped on by Diving Companies Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nomaster:
Maybe the thread, but not the discussion.
The consumer has a part to play for our type of trade (free market capitalism) to work, if we shirk our responsibility to tell manufacturers and distributors what we think by every means available, if we just shrug our shoulders and sigh, "What can we do?" we are allowing ourselves to be helplessly screwed at the whim of some faceless overpowering Giant.
The irony is we, the consumer, are much bigger than any of the many companies whose equipment we purchase.
But it's useless to be a large force if we never educate ourselves, communicate, and take up our economic arms.

Tom

Only if this were, indeed, free-market capitalism. Instead, it is a global mixed economy.

I am sure that Head would appreciate Mr. Scubapro50's comments better if they were well-presented. That was the point of my post.

This is my second post - ever - but I have to say, I enjoyed this childish garbage.

SP50 - see your lawyer. You are obviously pissed off enough.

The rest of us - buy carefully.

Put this to bed already.

riffraff:
This is my second post - ever - but I have to say, I enjoyed this childish garbage.

SP50 - see your lawyer. You are obviously pissed off enough.

The rest of us - buy carefully.

Put this to bed already.
All 5 of my Dacor regulators are currently working great. It's the future I'm worried about. In 2 or 3 years all the available parts will be gone and all the money I have tied up in these regulators will have gone down the drain. If anyone does file a "class action lawsuit" against Dacor I will certainly signup for it. So if there are any lawyers out there reading this keep me in mind.

scubapro50:
All 5 of my Dacor regulators are currently working great. It's the future I'm worried about. In 2 or 3 years all the available parts will be gone and all the money I have tied up in these regulators will have gone down the drain. If anyone does file a "class action lawsuit" against Dacor I will certainly signup for it. So if there are any lawyers out there reading this keep me in mind.

I still do not understand what you have to complain about. As you say, your regulators are working great. There is no law I know of that requires a manufacturer to keep parts in stock forever. From what I have read in several threads, many divers maintain other equipment by finding generic replacement parts. This begins to show that you do not require the manufacturer to maintain the parts inventory in order to keep the regulators working.

I expect that, from an accounting perspective, your regulators have been amortized and have a net value of zero.

If such a suit is ever filed, Head's attorneys will show that they have no legal responsibility for a now defunct company. You will lose even more by throwing good money after bad.

You made your point, now move on.

garyfotodiver:
I still do not understand what you have to complain about. As you say, your regulators are working great. There is no law I know of that requires a manufacturer to keep parts in stock forever. From what I have read in several threads, many divers maintain other equipment by finding generic replacement parts. This begins to show that you do not require the manufacturer to maintain the parts inventory in order to keep the regulators working.

I expect that, from an accounting perspective, your regulators have been amortized and have a net value of zero.

If such a suit is ever filed, Head's attorneys will show that they have no legal responsibility for a now defunct company. You will lose even more by throwing good money after bad.

You made your point, now move on.
Do you own stock in Dacor ? Do you own a DACOR REGULATOR ? If you answered no to these questions then it's time you should move on and stop complaining about a consumer right to disagree with a bad deceision. I'm not the only one who is upset with Dacor ...... there are many scubaboard members that agree with me .... there are also members who disagree ...... and there are members who don't care one way or another. some related threads about DACOR www.scubaboard.com/t37606-.html www.scubaboard/t75084-.html www.scubaboard.com/t70907-.html

scubapro50:
I consider Dacor/Mares not showing up for DEMA just another slap in the face. I know many divers who wanted to confront them about the problem of not serviceing their "lifetime" warranted products. I had hoped to give them copies of this and several other threads that showed dissatifaction with their deceison and point out the negitive impact on their image.

I'd like to point out that almost no manufacturers went to DEMA this year. Not just Mares.

scubapro50:
Do you own stock in Dacor ? Do you own a DACOR REGULATOR ? If you answered no to these questions then it's time you should move on and stop complaining about a consumer right to disagree with a bad deceision. I'm not the only one who is upset with Dacor ...... there are many scubaboard members that agree with me .... there are also members who disagree ...... and there are members who don't care one way or another. some related threads about DACOR www.scubaboard.com/t37606-.html www.scubaboard/t75084-.html www.scubaboard.com/t70907-.html

Have you ever tried calling their tech services department? The number is 1 888 800 0798.

scubapro50:

Can't buy stock in Dacor, as they do not exist as an independent company. And yes, I do own Dacor equipment. I also own USD, Swimaster, Mares, and some others.

If you feel as strongly about this issue as your posts inply, put your money up and file a lawsuit against Head. You can report the progress (or lack thereof) here on the Board.

Sorry, I miswrote. There is an appliance manufacturer named Dacor. Whether it has any connection to the original dive equipment company, I do not know.

I agree with the orginal posting. I feel dumped on by Dacor/Mares becase I have a reg that isn't very old and can't get parts for it. My solution: I'LL NEVER BUY DACOR OR MARES AGAIN. my 2 cents

steve2281:
I agree with the orginal posting. I feel dumped on by Dacor/Mares becase I have a reg that isn't very old and can't get parts for it. My solution: I'LL NEVER BUY DACOR OR MARES AGAIN. my 2 cents
THANKS ....... I LOVE IT WHEN SOMEONE GETS THE MESSAGE ....if enough divers "just say no to Dacor" maybe they will rethink their position ......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom