Dving Cyprus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am thinking of a short dive trip to Cypus the first part of Sept. I am looking for any good dive centers to book thru,if they have lodging thats a bonus also. I have looked and they have several but I would like to have your opinions on who to use. I would look forward to any other info on dive sites and what to expect when I am there.

Thanks
Michael

I spent a season working as an instructor there and frankly you can expect very little; the diving round Cyprus is very poor and expensive.

The only thing worth diving is the wreck of the Zenobia.

Egypt is closer to you, offers better diving and at the moment is relatively cheap and quiet after the revolution.

Thanks for the info

It would be better for you to go to Jeddah and dive there.

If you are going to Cyprus then I can recommend Cydive at Paphos

Zenobia is what it is all about in Cyprus. One of the world's very best wreck dives.

I did it with Alpha Divers and I thought they were very good.

Another recommendation for the Zenobia in Larnaca Harbour. I dived with Dive Inn, just 50 metres or so from where their RIB leaves for the Zenobia (and that's only about 10 min away). Fantastic operation - I did my Deep, Wreck and Nitrox Specialities with them - and extremely experienced on the Zenobia. There's so much to see on the wreck that you can easily do an 8-10 dive package with them and not get bored.

I also dived with Cydive over on Paphos - great visibility over there but not a lot to see - but found their emphasis on large groups of novice divers and DSDs (one shallow wreck dive was two small boats and 24 divers!) a bit off-putting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom