E-M1ii questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 45 (and the 30 mm Olympus) use a shorter port than the 60 macro or the 12-50. If you use the 45 in the port for the 60 you won't be able to get to 1:1 you need to be close to the port surface.

Bill

Understand, the main point I was making is you are stuck in not quite macro mode with a quite limited subject range. But no harm in trying it out if you have the lens and a suitable port in the 60mm macro port already.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you are using the 30mm with the Neewer housing, or only with the dedicated Olympus housing?

I use the 30mm panasonic in the nauticam housing using the 45 macro port. Works very well, but 1:2 is about the limit and that is close to the port and hard to light. In theory 1:1 is possible but you need to right up on the port glass which makes lighting very difficult.

I too shoot the 30 with the short port. As Chris says you can get to maybe 1:2 but with the CMC you can get a bit more magnification. I have been using the Kraken ringlight for lighting with a bit of success (at high ISO). I am getting ready to try the 30 with the Olympus 1.4 teleconverter and a 10 mm extension tube. Supposedly this will work (no infinity focus though). Will let you know
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom