E-PM1 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karloss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have spent the last 30 minutes searching and can find anything so here goes. I am currently in St Croix and on my 3rd trip with the E-PM1. As of today the vast majority of my pics have come out green. I am using the SEA andSea ys-o1 strobe and would love some help as to how my settings should be so that I might take a few decent pics home on this trip. Thank you in advance- I have a feeling it has something to do with the x-sync and the slow limit settings, I could be wrong.

Thank you. The mini has most of the buttons that were mentioned with only just a few not found. I do appreciate the help.

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 05:34 PM ----------

Now here's another one, while trying to update the firmware I mistakenly unplugged the USB cable causing the camera to shut down and now it won't power up!!! AHHHHHHH!

Try taking the battery out. Then press the on button and hold it, without the battery. Then replace the battery and try to start again. As I recall there were dire warnings about interrupting firmware updates. It may require a trip to Olympus. Good luck.

Thank you. The mini has most of the buttons that were mentioned with only just a few not found. I do appreciate the help.

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 05:34 PM ----------

Now here's another one, while trying to update the firmware I mistakenly unplugged the USB cable causing the camera to shut down and now it won't power up!!! AHHHHHHH!
That sux Bro. If you get it to power back up, post back and maybe we can help you with the lack of lighting.

Try taking the battery out. Then press the on button and hold it, without the battery. Then replace the battery and try to start again. As I recall there were dire warnings about interrupting firmware updates. It may require a trip to Olympus. Good luck.[/QUOTE
First thing I tried- no go! Well it was needing a trip back to the mother land anyway. When shooting in any manual setting the LED goes black and freezes for a while, then some red Icon will flash in the upper left hand corner, go away and freeze on the solid black for several minutes. After this the viewer returns with no picture stored, go figure.

---------- Post added March 25th, 2015 at 12:11 PM ----------

got from Oly today
"Dear Brian Carloss

Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.

If a firmware update is interrupted and does not finish completely the firmware is corrupted. There is no method of end user recovery. The camera will need to be sent in to our repair center to have the firmware reloaded. "

Back
Top Bottom