Eagles Nest death....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I added the red, bold, italics. Seems a shame that there is not some way to actually live up to this part of the history/mission without being subpoenaed.

It seems strange to me if you look at other stuff like racing accidents or football and baseball players who fall out and pass away. The media reports sensitive medical issues there, I wonder how much is cleared through the family? Just seems a shame that we are denied information that could help someone else.

It seems strange to me if you look at other stuff like racing accidents or football and baseball players who fall out and pass away. The media reports sensitive medical issues there, I wonder how much is cleared through the family? Just seems a shame that we are denied information that could help someone else.

I think one of the big hurdles we face is that many consider us on the lunatic fringe anyway. People *expect* us to die cave diving because it's *dangerous*. So the media doesn't really care *why* it's just another sensational story to sell papers.

I think one of the big hurdles we face is that many consider us on the lunatic fringe anyway. People *expect* us to die cave diving because it's *dangerous*. So the media doesn't really care *why* it's just another sensational story to sell papers.

I agree, but I also see the number of hours many of us spend doing it far outweigh the deaths. There are a lot more people killed deer hunting every year than cave diving.

Last edited:
I agree, but I also see the number of hours many of us spend doing it far outweigh the deaths. There are a lot more people killed deer hunting every year than cave diving.

There are a lot more hunters than cave divers.

I am curious as to what we might learn from these accidents, that we do not already have S&P's for? With the exception of RB cases, if we apply the five rules, and then extend it to the 10 rules from PSIA, would anything we learned really change how we do what we do?

This person didn't run a line....this one didn't use the right mix.....this one was a health issue....this one was no training.....this one was above current training level.....this one was poor team diving......this one was poor planning......just not sure what is new to learn. (excepting RB'ers, given the relative explosion in thier use recently, and post the original AA and subsequent rules)

There are a lot more hunters than cave divers.

I am curious as to what we might learn from these accidents, that we do not already have S&P's for? With the exception of RB cases, if we apply the five rules, and then extend it to the 10 rules from PSIA, would anything we learned really change how we do what we do?

This person didn't run a line....this one didn't use the right mix.....this one was a health issue....this one was no training.....this one was above current training level.....this one was poor team diving......this one was poor planning......just not sure what is new to learn. (excepting RB'ers, given the relative explosion in thier use recently, and post the original AA and subsequent rules)
I agree, however as someone that hunted for 20 years I can't see where anyone should get killed doing it.
You are probably spot on there. CCR units aside I think everything will fall under the first 5 rules. Be it carelessness or complaciency that will probably sum it up. It would still be nice to know for sure tho.

Reiteration to rules we have in place and the reprecussions that can happen if we break them are very, very important for cave divers IMO. I'm sure it does alot in keeping alot of people from getting complacent.

Reiteration to rules we have in place and the reprecussions that can happen if we break them are very, very important for cave divers IMO. I'm sure it does alot in keeping alot of people from getting complacent.

It sure as hell keeps me from getting that way.. Its just not worth it.

Law enforcement doesn't usually get called in for those incidents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom