Easier way to get my bleepin' Wetsuit on :) ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a rubbery lining (goldcore, oceanliner, etc.) inside my suit. When the chance presents itself, I get in my suit in the water... suit glides right on. If I can't do that, then I dunk my suit in the water, still pretty easy. Without doing these things, my custom, skin-tight suit is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get on.

i have had great success with large zip lock bags (they are sturdy and don't rip easily)over the feet and hands. of course, you take them off before diving :). talc, soap, shampoo, silicon... are too much of a mess and hassle to me. i still remember being on the galapagos aggressor with my new 7mm and putting the darn thing on 3-4 times a day. i used silicon spray to aid in the process. nevertheless, after 2 days my knuckles were bleeding - maybe that's why we saw so many sharks up close. on the 3rd day a crew member introduced me to the plastic bag method. what a difference and it's free.

Allen42:
I have a rubbery lining (goldcore, oceanliner, etc.) inside my suit. When the chance presents itself, I get in my suit in the water... suit glides right on. If I can't do that, then I dunk my suit in the water, still pretty easy. Without doing these things, my custom, skin-tight suit is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get on.

i thought the gold core suits were easy to slide on and was thinking about getting one. wrong?

My wife and I used a combination of Lycra Skins (these were MUCH cheaper than I'd expected....$40-70 depending on brand) and we put plastic zip-loc bags on our feet to get them through.

It worked like a charm and we we into our Wetsuits in about 30 seconds.

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I really want my wife to enjoy the diving experiences that she has. A little more comfort for her goes a long way towards achieving that objective.

MANY THANKS :thumb:

k9lwt:
Have you considered a drysuit?

I'm not sure why our instructor hasn't mentioned dry suits for our dives in Monterey. Is there a reason why they would only want us to train in wet suits? Buoyancy differences maybe?

Thanks!

I sometimes apply soapy water to those tougher to suit up body parts (e.g. feet, forearms, etc.) I just keep a small bottle of dish soap in my gear bag for those occasions. Also, be sure that your suit is not too small for you, too tight can be as cold as too loose with regard to insulation properties. Cheers, SeeWorld

Back
Top Bottom