East Timor for a change of scenery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutchpickle

Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to go to East Timor for a change of scenery and to get a visa extension for Indonesia. There is a little bit of tension but things for the most part are quite beautiful.
Dili has a few dive shops and a coastal road with heaps of good walk in dives along the coast between Dili and Baucau.
People into sponges and nudibranchs might enjoy the enormous variety of stuff down there. Saw some white pipefish and flourescent blue anenome shrimp yesterday.
Pretty cool.
I have to get an underwater camera housing that works one of these days.
Too much good stuff down there.
Had one excellent dive where we dropped down to 30 meters and worked our way up the slope for 102 minutes. Loads of beautiful corals.

i was gonna say, he seemed lost - Dili being in Indonesia, ermm... East Timor and all :D

@eric: if only lee can go to good school there, huh? :D

Hmmm...someone got lost....:D

Iris, I understand I'd even have access to a boat. It's on my list for 5-6 years from now :D But so is Micronesia, Palau, Sri Lanka and the UAE.

here...

The Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste or East Timor is the newest independent country in the world, located in Southeastern Asia.

east_timor.gif

Mike, it was colonized by Portugal not by ancestors of our friendly Dutch SB Guide:).

What a useless place to have a 2963m mountain, It'll never get snow there.

It should be moved to Sydney...

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom